• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Today: Why I’m Excited for Angels Baseball in 2023

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Dave Saltzer's first attempt at writing since he was diagnosed with cancer some 18 months ago that affected his ability to use his hands and walk on his feet. He's had a breakthrough in his cancer treatment that has now allowed him to write again and even more importantly, get out for a walk and be active. 

Thank you for this, Dave. We'll continue to pray for you my friend. 🙏

I share your optimism and thoughts in this article. 

Great to read. 

2 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I very much appreciate all the prayers and for iendshio. It truly has meant a lot to me  and definitely helped me through it so far. 

I just celebrated (if that is the right word) my 3 year anniversary of the diagnosis and have had Chemotherapy at leadt once every 3 weeks or more for the past 3 years. If you add up all the time I've spent in the hospital for chemo, procedures, etc., it's well over a year. 

I'm just glad that my hands don't hurt so much and I can write again. 

Thank you everyone for your support. 

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

2 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I very much appreciate all the prayers and for iendshio. It truly has meant a lot to me  and definitely helped me through it so far. 

I just celebrated (if that is the right word) my 3 year anniversary of the diagnosis and have had Chemotherapy at leadt once every 3 weeks or more for the past 3 years. If you add up all the time I've spent in the hospital for chemo, procedures, etc., it's well over a year. 

I'm just glad that my hands don't hurt so much and I can write again. 

Thank you everyone for your support. 

i'm so happy for your good news, david. you've been a titan around here, and someone i highly respect. may you continue to heal well.

@Chuckster70, we need a "❤️" emoji . . . 

So glad you're doing well, Dave, and nice piece (and I'm glad that someone else said it before I did, otherwise I'd be blamed for whatever woes inevitably come for the team).

Anyhow, I think what is going to be a double whammy is the combination of A) A risen floor and B) healthier stars (namely, Trout, Rendon, and Ward).

The offensive is going to be (and is, in terms of first glimpses) a powerhouse. And the rest of the team is solid enough that this really could/should be our best year since 2014, at least.

Just know that besides Dave, there are others battling cancer and my wife and I have been praying for them too. 

All of that to say, we never know when our worlds are going to be turned upside down. Please treat each other well and be kind, only the man upstairs knows the day and the the time.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Just know that besides Dave, there are others battling cancer and my wife and I have been praying for them too. 

All of that to say, we never know when our worlds are going to be turned upside down. Please treat each other well and be kind, only the man upstairs knows the day and the the time.

You know, the MLB Stand Up To Cancer program and moments in the postseason really takes on a whole new meaning when you, or someone close to you is battling cancer. 

Having a great support and prayer network (I'm a big believer in prayer), really helps.

Chuck and many other have been great at that for me, and it is deeply appreciated. I pray that anyone battling this horrible disease, or any other serious disease has the strength to get through it and makes a full and speedy recovery. 

11 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

You know, the MLB Stand Up To Cancer program and moments in the postseason really takes on a whole new meaning when you, or someone close to you is battling cancer. 

Having a great support and prayer network (I'm a big believer in prayer), really helps.

Chuck and many other have been great at that for me, and it is deeply appreciated. I pray that anyone battling this horrible disease, or any other serious disease has the strength to get through it and makes a full and speedy recovery. 

My wife and I got you and others here who are battling this awful disease in our daily prayers. 

It was so good to hear your voice a week ago. It sounded like the old energetic pre-cancer David Saltzer. That was really awesome to hear.