• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Blum: Angels radio broadcasts will once again call games remotely this season

Chuck

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Why are we tagged in this? You must have missed the entire point. 

Jeff Fletcher wrote about it in the Arte interview with the beat writers, but he's not on Twitter making a big deal about it in an effort to cause an uproar against Arte with clickbait headlines. 

Like I said in my earlier post in this thread. I don't care if you feel differently than I do, that includes the great @Jeff Fletcher who I respect... a website community like this is to have debate over topics like these. If you can't see that Sam Blum stirs things up on Twitter vs. how the other Angels beat writers report and tweet, your head is clearly in the sand @Taylor.

5 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

So 28 other teams send the radio guys to the game and the Angels are the ones that are correct for not doing the same thing? Bunch of homers. Oh and if Jeff Fletcher reported this, you guys wouldn't s*** all over him.

Sorry we hurt your feelings. 

36 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why are we tagged in this? You must have missed the entire point. 

Jeff Fletcher wrote about it in the Arte interview with the beat writers, but he's not on Twitter making a big deal about it in an effort to cause an uproar against Arte with clickbait headlines. 

Like I said in my earlier post in this thread. I don't care if you feel differently than I do, that includes the great @Jeff Fletcher who I respect... a website community like this is to have debate over topics like these. If you can't see that Sam Blum stirs things up on Twitter vs. how the other Angels beat writers report and tweet, your head is clearly in the sand @Taylor.

It must be a generational thing. I really don't see a combative or trollish tone in Sam Blum's tweets.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Lol. Fletcher reports something and *crickets.* Blum reports the same thing and he gets called a twat.

This board has always been moderately antagonistic towards negativity. There’s a decent subset of posters who have been unable to get off Arte’s nuts while the man has driven the franchise nearly into the ground.

eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

I will personally apologize to you Jeff for all the people indirectly calling you a twat in this thread.

We are very sorry.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

As I mentioned, I don't care who is for or against this. Jeff Fletcher is not a twat and nobody said that except you, which makes you kind of a twat tbh. 😛

Lol. Fletcher reports something and *crickets.* Blum reports the same thing and he gets called a twat.

This board has always been moderately antagonistic towards negativity. There’s a decent subset of posters who have been unable to get off Arte’s nuts while the man has driven the franchise nearly into the ground.

Well if it helps any, Blum is a twat. Who exactly here is on Arte’s nuts?

Just now, DMVol said:

I like Jeff Fletcher, very good writer….but I also like Sam Blum, raises some valid points, though I guess he does stir the pot….Is it ok to like both?

Absolutely. I actually like a few of Sam Blum's features that he's done with The Athletic, especially the one on Scott Spiezio. https://theathletic.com/3578407/2022/09/09/scott-spiezio-angels-recovery/

39 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

As I mentioned, I don't care who is for or against this. Jeff Fletcher is not a twat and nobody said that except you, which makes you kind of a twat tbh. 😛

I will fully admit to being a twat here. But like Mr. PancakeBear I haven’t changed my mind. 😂

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea he’s pretty damn poor. Imagine hating our TV guys so much that you turn on the radio to have sound for the game only to find out that Terry is watching and announcing a completely different game. 

that would still be a few light years better than we get from paddy o'neal.

6 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It is a pretty silly thing for the Angels to do, IMO. I think there is value in having the broadcasters on site, which is why it’s been done that way forever. And the cost savings is minimal in the budget of a Major League Baseball team. 

to me, it's similar to the difference between teaching in person vs. teaching online. they may be similar, but they're clearly different.

in major league terms, it makes arte look cheap, as if this kind of financial savings is enough to keep the team afloat. i was looking through the media guide earlier this week and the section on staff in the front office is silly huge. it seems like paying for the radio broadcast team to go on the road for 81 games shouldn't be cost prohibitive.