• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023 MLB Season Thread

m0nkey

How much money has Bellinger made for himself in the last two months? He's definitely not signing until after the Ohtani Sweepstakes are over. Especially since Borass is his agent. 

He's got 66 RBI's in his last 62 games.

He's got an OPS of 1.016 against Left Handed Pitching. 

If Arte signs him to a huge deal after losing out on Ohtani, I fully expect him to revert back to his 2021-22 form almost immediately. If he goes anywhere else, he'll be a perennial MVP candidate.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:34 PM, gurn67 said:

How much money has Bellinger made for himself in the last two months? He's definitely not signing until after the Ohtani Sweepstakes are over. Especially since Borass is his agent. 

He's got 66 RBI's in his last 62 games.

He's got an OPS of 1.016 against Left Handed Pitching. 

If Arte signs him to a huge deal after losing out on Ohtani, I fully expect him to revert back to his 2021-22 form almost immediately. If he goes anywhere else, he'll be a perennial MVP candidate.

He's not coming to halos. Teams that miss out on Ohtani will go after him. I see cubs, yanks, seattle

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Nope, Minasian oversees the entire baseball operation for the Angels.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/team/front-office

IMO...Perry would have a much better case to be retained if he had been more concerned about depth when he was first hired. As his additions of such players as Legares, Duffy, Schebler (and other cast-offs), Suzuki, Velazquez, Syndergaard, et al have truly added nothing to a roster that, in his 3rd year, should have benefitted from a much more urgent/serious approach. I mean even with his more recent signings of Renfroe & Anderson & his ill-fated trades at the deadline...we still have no explanation as to why these moves were made nor how anyone could be seen as competent in making them. Likewise his not exploring/knowing fully who we might have received for Ohtani, his possible/likely link to the ruinous pitching changes/regression this season, to the possible ramifications of not being fully under the luxury tax. What positive changes (if any) have occurred in scouting, development or within the minor league system? Also, with the likely loss of Ohtani & our hope that Moniak, O'Hoppe, Neto & Schanuel, live up to their potential...I mean, it just seems that after 3 years of supposed "effort" the team has way more questions, right now, than it should.