• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kenyon Yovan

Terry

Hi @Terry, welcome to AngelsWin.com. We were just chatting about your grandson a couple weeks back when the Angels announced their non-roster invitees. 

We're all pulling for him. Had some nice numbers as a relief pitcher for the Angels last season after making the conversion from a hitter to pitcher. 

Welcome Terry..

To piggyback on what @Chuckster70, says -- you'r grandson has been talked about in the minor league thread last year and I'm sure he will be again this year.  We are all pretty excited to see how he does now that he seems to be focusing on the pitching.

Again, welcome aboard.

2 hours ago, Terry said:

I am new to this forum. Hearing lots about the NAMED players which is to be expected. Would love to hear about the UNKNOWN - NON Roster Invites and how they are doing. Many great players.

One of them is my grandson who has a great background story, KENYON YOVAN #90 Here is a link to a story done last year while he was at the 66r's 

https://crashingthepearlygates.com/2022/08/31/angels-prospect-kenyon-yovan-shares-his-incredible-baseball-journey/

Terry

Great stuff, you must be very proud. Good luck to you both. 

Hey @Terry.  It's got to be thrilling for your grandson to be in major league camp.  I think it speaks volumes as to what the Angels think of his talent and how quickly he might move through the org considering that he got an invite after so little time on the bump as a pro.  I would presume he'll start in A+ or AA and hopefully it's the latter because the AA team broadcasts on milb.tv while the A+ team didn't.  At least that was last year.  Hopefully they've made that happen for this year.  

Be sure to check our minor league thread for updates.  Best of luck to you and him and we'll keep our fingers crossed.  Maybe you can give us a scouting report.  😀

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

@Terry  So far so good for Kenyon Yovan at AA.  He's honestly starting to make a push for why he should get a call up over some of the other more "well known" RP prospects in the system.

Agreed. Wasnt aware of this thread but his numbers have been standing out so far. 

• Docwaukee changed the title to Kenyon Yovan
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 11:05 AM, Docwaukee said:

@Terry - any feedback from Kenyon about the different ball and how it's impacting him or his teammates?  Would be curious to get his opinion.  From his numbers it seems he's been able to work around it.  And congrats on the good start.  Hope to see him soon.  

Sorry for the Delay I have been traveling quite a bit.

As for the new Ball KJ has not had much effect,  as his grip is on top of the ball. Those with the side or bottom grip have been having the major challenges.

he is loving Rocket City and really enjoying his time there. 

15 minutes ago, Terry said:

Sorry for the Delay I have been traveling quite a bit.

As for the new Ball KJ has not had much effect,  as his grip is on top of the ball. Those with the side or bottom grip have been having the major challenges.

he is loving Rocket City and really enjoying his time there. 

Sorry if already posted but he made a list of unheralded prospects Jim Bowden compiled , if you have an Athletic subscription.

https://theathletic.com/4528412/2023/05/18/mlb-prospects-mets-yankees-braves/

Just now, Terry said:

YOVAN with another solid outing in Sundays game. Comes into the 9th inning with Trash Pandas down 3 - 2

Throws 5 pitches records 3 outs. Now time off. I need a job like that Era now down to 0.51

by the way Trash Pandas come back to win on a walk off double in Btm of 9 YO with the win

56 minutes ago, Terry said:

by the way Trash Pandas come back to win on a walk off double in Btm of 9 YO with the win

Mentioned Yovan as a possible bullpen arm the Angels could use in episode 5 of our podcast last night.