• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Matt Moore (1 year, $7.55 million), place Davis Daniel on 60-day IL

totdprods

• totdprods changed the title to Angels close to signing Matt Moore
16 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I have been thinking this too, and I don’t think it would be a bad thing. It would give us yet another league average bat at a questionable position - more depth. 

If his  market has cratered, I don't see why not....gives O'Hoppe time to develop at SLC.....if O'Hoppe forces a call up, you could release/trade Sanchez or maybe trade Stassi, if there is a market for him....

Just now, HeavenlyHalos said:

Rotation, yes. Bullpen, I remain skeptical.

Possibly, but just in terms of fun options.
Backup options from the 40man roster: Canning, Rodriguez, Soriano, Wantz, Weiss, Davidson, Garza, Ingram and Marte

But the other interesting options could be a mix of Bachman, Joyce, Murphy and Torres.

It might not be best bullpen in baseball (yet), but there's some interesting fire power hiding in the minors.

Would’ve liked to have added Fulmer AND Moore, but this is still good. Not much left out there from the right side that intrigues me.

Have a feeing Justin Garza is gonna wind up being a nice surprise. 

Actually really like the pitching staff right now, I think the depth is quite good and there’s a top 5 AL staff there easily if everyone remains healthy - which is the biggest thing that worries me. Pitching health has been okay the last couple seasons and I worry law of averages catches up.

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Would’ve liked to have added Fulmer AND Moore, but this is still good. Not much left out there from the right side that intrigues me.

Have a feeing Justin Garza is gonna wind up being a nice surprise. 

Actually really like the pitching staff right now, I think the depth is quite good and there’s a top 5 AL staff there easily if everyone remains healthy - which is the biggest thing that worries me. Pitching health has been okay the last couple seasons and I worry law of averages catches up.

Due for the occasional fantastic health! 

42 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Possibly, but just in terms of fun options.
Backup options from the 40man roster: Canning, Rodriguez, Soriano, Wantz, Weiss, Davidson, Garza, Ingram and Marte

But the other interesting options could be a mix of Bachman, Joyce, Murphy and Torres.

It might not be best bullpen in baseball (yet), but there's some interesting fire power hiding in the minors.

I really think Rodriguez will be our best pen pitcher this year.  I could see us having a top 5 to 7 AL pen and adding a closer or beast at the deadline.  

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I really think Rodriguez will be our best pen pitcher this year.  I could see us having a top 5 to 7 AL pen and adding a closer or beast at the deadline.  

I can see this as well. 
It will be interesting to see where we are at come September, but our bullpen could be loaded with guys that dish out 95mph+..... and then get wiped away by Herget.

Reminds me of the good ol' Scott Shields days. Mr. rubber arm.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I can see this as well. 
It will be interesting to see where we are at come September, but our bullpen could be loaded with guys that dish out 95mph+..... and then get wiped away by Herget.

Reminds me of the good ol' Scott Shields days. Mr. rubber arm.

Loaded with guys throwing 95+ isn’t anything to write home about these days