• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remaining players to acquire?

Angel Oracle

Remaining players to acquire?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Remaining players to acquire

• One RH starter and one RH setup guy
    • One RH setup guy
    • Two RH setup guys
    • One RH set up guy and one LH set up guy
    • One LH set up guy
    • One RH starter and one LH setup guy
    • Two LH set up guys

16 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Probably. But I'd stray from making such assumptions. Hill is on the one year deal plan for the remainder of his career given his age, so his AAV will naturally be a little higher. Plus, he's been a good starter every year since he reinvented himself several years ago, and he doesn't care where he pitches at this point, as long as he's well paid and is still in the game. Hill is banking on pitching well and getting flipped at the trade deadline next year, just like Jose Quintana was last year.

Whereas Wacha had a good half year for the first time since 2018 and is still young enough to go for a "show me" deal with a contender if he thinks he can win, so he can land a larger multi year contract next year. As a point of reference, I'd use Tyler Anderson's 8 million dollar deal with the Dodgers last year. 

And values aren't always fixated on performance, some of it comes down to timing. Tyler Anderson gets 3 years at 13 million a year from the Angels coming off an utterly dominant performance. Eovaldi got considerably more coming off a lesser performance, and Heaney even got more based on incentives from the Rangers. Why? Because Minasian was freaking smart enough to aggressively pursue Anderson early on before the market could be set. 

It was a brilliant move. 

More than likely, Wacha gets 8-10 million, you're right. But if I'm making a baseless prediction, which I am, I think he'll take slightly less to play for a contender in So-Cal so he can tell his grandchildren he played alongside Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani, which is basically the equivalent of someone playing alongside Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth (obviously two different eras). 

My biggest concern does he want to pitch in a 6 man rotation? 

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

More than likely, Wacha gets 8-10 million, you're right. But if I'm making a baseless prediction, which I am, I think he'll take slightly less to play for a contender in So-Cal so he can tell his grandchildren he played alongside Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani, which is basically the equivalent of someone playing alongside Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth (obviously two different eras). 

not gonna happen.  He's entering his age 31 season and will be 32 in july.  He's gonna take the longest deal for the most money.  

Gibson got 1/12, Drew Smyly got 2/19, Eflin got 3/40, Stripling got 2/25.  Even Lorenzen got 1/8.5 and Jordan Lyles got 2/17.  

He's gonna get a two year deal for about 10 per.  

7 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

not gonna happen.  He's entering his age 31 season and will be 32 in july.  He's gonna take the longest deal for the most money.  

Gibson got 1/12, Drew Smyly got 2/19, Eflin got 3/40, Stripling got 2/25.  Even Lorenzen got 1/8.5 and Jordan Lyles got 2/17.  

He's gonna get a two year deal for about 10 per.  

I agree. Baseless prediction, that's why I don't mind being wrong. I haven't heard anything recently to go off of, so I get to use my imagination and guess. 

Trade for Kim, bullpen, maybe SP if you lose one in the trade. 
Normally i wouldnt like trading a SP for a position guy but that hole must be filled. 
Pads lost their utility guys in Drury/Profar and a lot of back end SP in FA and will need something in the OF till Tatis gets back so maybe something involving Rengifo/Adell... plus obviously.   Its a reach, but it might work, probably wishful thinking im sure. 

5 hours ago, floplag said:

Trade for Kim, bullpen, maybe SP if you lose one in the trade. 
Normally i wouldnt like trading a SP for a position guy but that hole must be filled. 
Pads lost their utility guys in Drury/Profar and a lot of back end SP in FA and will need something in the OF till Tatis gets back so maybe something involving Rengifo/Adell... plus obviously.   Its a reach, but it might work, probably wishful thinking im sure. 

Adell, Rengifo, and more is a steep price for 2 years of Kim. There are at least 5-7 teams out there that think they can fix Adell and/or are fascinated by his tools. For all the poo pooing, he has absolutely elite Exit velo number and sprint speed. That's extremely rare to find. I personally believe he needs a change of scenery. But his value is not to the point of being a throw in to sweeten the pot to acquire a guy that is a 3-4 WAR player. 

11 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Adell, Rengifo, and more is a steep price for 2 years of Kim. There are at least 5-7 teams out there that think they can fix Adell and/or are fascinated by his tools. For all the poo pooing, he has absolutely elite Exit velo number and sprint speed. That's extremely rare to find. I personally believe he needs a change of scenery. But his value is not to the point of being a throw in to sweeten the pot to acquire a guy that is a 3-4 WAR player. 

I wasnt suggesting that he was, just that he would fit a need.  And i dont think id like the 3 for 1 thing... just tossing out names they might have interest in. 
If we make a deal with them id like to try to get Campusano out of there to pair with OHoppe long term.

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

I wasnt suggesting that he was, just that he would fit a need.  And i dont think id like the 3 for 1 thing... just tossing out names they might have interest in. 
If we make a deal with them id like to try to get Campusano out of there to pair with OHoppe long term.

I think for a team in SD's position, a guy like Adell would be intriguing. He's a lotto ticket. 

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

It is.  But how great is that elite exit velocity if he has absolutely awful strike zone judgment?  That will really be the key to his success.  How hard is that to develop?  It surely can be done, but it's not easy.  That will really dictate his future.  If he can't make huge leaps in his strike zone judgment and pitch recognition, all he will be is someone who can occasionally obliterate a pitch that he guesses correctly on.  That isn't enough, though, to make him an MLB player.

He is still very young, so there is time, but considering he has only one option left .. he really only has 1 more year left with us.  If he can't adjust in that time, they will move on from him.  He will still get his chances due to his age and athleticisms, but he will likely be a guy that signs minor league deals, hoping to figure things out somewhere.