• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022-2023 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

On 3/26/2023 at 9:03 PM, mpcincal said:

True, but they play in the Big East Conference. 🙂

Obviously, I'm thrilled at this outcome. I was at SDSU in 1990s when the basketball program was pretty much at rock bottom, and to see the team reach these heights 30 years later is pretty incredible.

Right now, UConn looks like the best team; they're on a total roll right now. Fortunately, Aztecs don't have to play them until the championship game if they can get past FAU (not taking that for granted).

Saw LB State play SDSU at Viejas Arena in November 2011, a classic OT game except for the Niners losing.

32 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I was really torn. As an alumnus of both Florida and Oklahoma, I have an inherent dislike for both Miami and Texas. Forced to choose, I picked the Canes. Nice accomplishment for them. They had no basketball team from 1971 until 1985. Rick Barry is probably the most famous player to come out of the program before the suspension.

Rick Barry - University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame - UM Sports Hall of  Fame

Greatest FT shooter ever?   Especially shooting them underhanded

Even shot a few driving FG attempts underhanded and made them.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Go Aztecs!

I'm not sure what way to go. I have no real affiliation with anyone in the tournament (except for a dislike for Miami). I would like for the winner of the SDSU-FAU game to win it all. Connecticut has already won before, and we don't need anything else for Miami to brag about. FAU would be a great story, but it would also be good for the Mountain West if one of their teams won the tournament.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I was really torn. As an alumnus of both Florida and Oklahoma, I have an inherent dislike for both Miami and Texas. Forced to choose, I picked the Canes. Nice accomplishment for them. They had no basketball team from 1971 until 1985. Rick Barry is probably the most famous player to come out of the program before the suspension.

Rick Barry - University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame - UM Sports Hall of  Fame

today happens to be barry's 79th bday. he's the only player to win a scoring title in the NCAA, ABA, and NBA.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Excuse me? 

You've obviously forgotten about the incomparable Tito Horford.

@Alfred O. Griffin

Cal has hired a two-time NBA champion to be its new men’s basketball coach.

The school announced Wednesday that Mark Madsen will be the new leader of the Golden Bears’ hoops program. Madsen, who won two NBA championship rings as a player for the Los Angeles Lakers, comes to Cal after a four-year stint as the head coach at Utah Valley University.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

@Alfred O. Griffin

The school announced Wednesday that Mark Madsen will be the new leader of the Golden Bears’ hoops program. Madsen, who won two NBA championship rings as a player for the Los Angeles Lakers, comes to Cal after a four-year stint as the head coach at Utah Valley University.

as long as he doesn't try to teach his players how to dance, then this should work out okay.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:45 PM, Lou said:

@Alfred O. Griffin

I’m slightly hopeful, which is a massive improvement. I don’t know how great a fit he’ll be, but I definitely welcome the change.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Barkley mentioned they were beating them off the boards and with missed free throws where they should have been boxed out by the defense. Great coaching and execution. 

I thought SD State’s free throwing was going to cost them.  At one point down the stretch, they were 3-11 at the line.

Usually that won’t get it done.  The rebounds were the great equalizer.