• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022-2023 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

Been watching games these last two days. It’s been fun. 

I think Timme will play in the nba. He’s got a very solid game. If ucla didn’t go cold in the second half, he could be sitting at home right now.

it was beautiful watching San Diego state win today. Whoever UConn beat yesterday didn’t look like they had been playing basketball very long. They looked physically awkward on the court. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Whoever UConn beat yesterday didn’t look like they had been playing basketball very long. They looked physically awkward on the court. 

Arkansas. They are a much better team than they displayed in that game. They knocked Kansas out of the tournament.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Arkansas. They are a much better team than they displayed in that game. They knocked Kansas out of the tournament.

Thnx. Arkansas looked like a team of newborn horses learning how to run. Based only on what I saw yesterday, it’s hard to believe they knocked the defending champs. But a real nice feather in their cap to be able to brag about such an impressive accomplishment. 

13 hours ago, Tank said:

Thnx. Arkansas looked like a team of newborn horses learning how to run. Based only on what I saw yesterday, it’s hard to believe they knocked the defending champs. But a real nice feather in their cap to be able to brag about such an impressive accomplishment. 

The UConn game got away from them early, and it took them out of their normal game.

Gonzaga apparently spent everything getting past UCLA. They were all but run out of the building tonight in the regional final. Had they won, the Final Four would have been made up entirely of teams who have never won the title before. UConn has won the title in men's basketball four times, last in 2014.

The Final Four is set. The highest seed to make it through is #4 (West) Connecticut. The others are #5 (Midwest) Miami, #5 (South) San Diego State and #9 (East) Florida Atlantic. Either SDSU or FAU will play in the title game, because they meet in a semifinal matchup while UConn and Miami play.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I watched a little bit of the San Diego state game and the halftime show and it was brutally all about Creighton. Only one guy on the panel talked about what SDSU was doing on offense and defense and when a second panel member was asked about what SDSU needed to do in the 2nd half he started rattling off all of the things Creighton would be doing.

All of the highlights ending the half were Creighton plays, coming back from commercials they showed Creighton highlights before going in studio. It was if there was only one team on the court. 

So I am glad SDSU shoved it up their asses today taking down their East Coast favorite. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Umm, Creighton is in Nebraska.

True, but they play in the Big East Conference. 🙂

Obviously, I'm thrilled at this outcome. I was at SDSU in 1990s when the basketball program was pretty much at rock bottom, and to see the team reach these heights 30 years later is pretty incredible.

Right now, UConn looks like the best team; they're on a total roll right now. Fortunately, Aztecs don't have to play them until the championship game if they can get past FAU (not taking that for granted).

On 3/26/2023 at 4:34 PM, Lou said:

Always nice see Texas lose. 

I was really torn. As an alumnus of both Florida and Oklahoma, I have an inherent dislike for both Miami and Texas. Forced to choose, I picked the Canes. Nice accomplishment for them. They had no basketball team from 1971 until 1985. Rick Barry is probably the most famous player to come out of the program before the suspension.

Rick Barry - University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame - UM Sports Hall of  Fame