• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022-2023 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

On 3/29/2023 at 9:45 PM, Lou said:

@Alfred O. Griffin

Cal has hired a two-time NBA champion to be its new men’s basketball coach.

The school announced Wednesday that Mark Madsen will be the new leader of the Golden Bears’ hoops program. Madsen, who won two NBA championship rings as a player for the Los Angeles Lakers, comes to Cal after a four-year stint as the head coach at Utah Valley University.

Well, we already got a solid portal player. This is already better. It’s nice to have some hope. We stand a much better chance of being in the conversation when it comes to basketball than football given the overall numbers. Hooray.

On 4/9/2023 at 7:39 AM, Lou said:

We just picked up this guy through the transfer portal

Last year, we were the only major program without a transfer.

Very good pickup for the Bruins tbh, will give them something they were lacking next year. My Tar Heels have picked up two transfers so far and I think they will fit in nicely; expect to get a couple more also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 10:15 AM, Alfred O. Griffin said:

Well, we already got a solid portal player. This is already better. It’s nice to have some hope. We stand a much better chance of being in the conversation when it comes to basketball than football given the overall numbers. Hooray.

Follow up, @Lou

Is the Madsen hire as good as it seems or has the Wyning Jones/Mark Fox era just completely skewed my ability to judge these things? It seems like he could massively transform the program in a matter of 2 years. All of his hires seem to be good and the player prospects sure seem to be decent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, Alfred O. Griffin said:

Follow up, @Lou

Is the Madsen hire as good as it seems or has the Wyning Jones/Mark Fox era just completely skewed my ability to judge these things? It seems like he could massively transform the program in a matter of 2 years. All of his hires seem to be good and the player prospects sure seem to be decent.

Looks like recruiting is picking up, including 3 good transfers coming it. 

On 5/6/2023 at 7:33 PM, Lou said:

Looks like recruiting is picking up, including 3 good transfers coming it. 

4 good transfers now, but of course that’s relative to what he had to start with. It’s a good foundation for him to build high school recruiting upon. I guess we’ll see what happens. At least it will be watchable, which will be nice.

• 4 weeks later...