• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Does the Rodon deal change anybody’s prediction for what Swanson will get?

Not really.  I think Rodon's market was pretty narrow.  Teams are generally more risk averse when it comes to giving out long-term deals for pitchers (as compared to position players).  I think we see more of the higher AAV, shorter term deals for SPs these days.  I am thinking Swanson will end up close to, but just short of, 200 million.

I’d read that Eovaldi really hoped to go back to New York. Now that the Yanks have Rodon, that door might be closed. Given the Morosi report, Heyman’s Bassitt mention, and the glaring need and apparent money remaining, sure seems the Halos will be in a strong spot to sign him. Also get East Coast vibes from him though. Kluber too. 

Can’t help but think they’re being aggressive and the Gray/Maeda/Carrasco trade speculation is being in part triggered by the Angels hunting.

Personally, I would not be against Lugo either. Would just hope there were complimentary adds to the pen and bench if we went “cheap” for 6th SP.

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d read that Eovaldi really hoped to go back to New York. Now that the Yanks have Rodon, that door might be closed. Given the Morosi report, Heyman’s Bassitt mention, and the glaring need and apparent money remaining, sure seems the Halos will be in a strong spot to sign him. Also get East Coast vibes from him though. Kluber too. 

Can’t help but think they’re being aggressive and the Gray/Maeda/Carrasco trade speculation is being in part triggered by the Angels hunting.

Personally, I would not be against Lugo either. Would just hope there were complimentary adds to the pen and bench if we went “cheap” for 6th SP.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.  I think Lugo or someone like him is more likely.  If we sign Eovaldi to, say, a 3 year deal, then we effectively have 5 SPs locked up for 3+ years (Anderson, Eovaldi, Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez), multiple promising young SP prospects (Bush, Silseth, maybe Bachman, etc), and of course, Ohtani, who we hope to lock up for awhile.

I am assuming they would opt for someone on a 1 year deal to be more flexible in their future plans, but I wouldn't complain if we got Eovaldi, who I think could provide very good value and has SP2 type upside.

30 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I could see Eovaldi going back to Boston, if the money is similar.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think we have four more pieces coming, maybe five. SS, SP, RP, RP, C, 4th OFer.
They may not sign a 4th outfielder, but I think the others are locks. 

You are quite optimistic this winter.  I continue to expect nothing thus avoiding disappointment.

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You are quite optimistic this winter.  I continue to expect nothing thus avoiding disappointment.

I am usually optimistic.  But I don’t think we go into the season with O’Hoppe being counted on.  I could see a scenario where Moniak is the 4th outfielder.  I think a Chaffin type move could happen.  I still think we acquire a SS. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am usually optimistic.  But I don’t think we go into the season with O’Hoppe being counted on.  I could see a scenario where Moniak is the 4th outfielder.  I think a Chaffin type move could happen.  I still think we acquire a SS. 

I am too, usually there is a basis for it.  There is just so much noise due to the ownership situation.  That said, one thing I'm kinda optimistic about is the "potential" in house RPs, but they need to get as much "certainty" in as many areas as possible so I'd welcome someone like Chaffin.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yeah, I agree.  I think O'Hoppe is the future, but I think they'll ease into him taking over and, at the minimum, find a backup catcher to platoon with Stassi.  The rumored interest in Contreras, though, is an interesting tidbit.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

100% think the same thing. I think the Angels will sign a free agent starter and bullpen guy and then flip a trade for a SS.