• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Wonder what drury is up to these days

Probably waiting to see if the Padres wanna use him at 1B/DH, and if not, settling for a lesser team that's willing to pay him 12 million per year for one park infused good season.... Just like Zack Cozart did. 

Stay away Angels. To quote one of the greatest sequels ever, Rocky II, "You don't need that kind of man in your life."

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'll take Tyler Anderson for 3/$39M over Andrew Heaney for 2/$25M.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/12/rangers-nearing-deal-with-andrew-heaney.html

Heaney has always been an “almost.”  Been there done that.  No thanks.

How deeply is Heaney an “almost” in his DNA?  Just notice that he that he can almost grow a mustache.

This came from Jim Callis on MLB Network

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If Fried is indeed available, you know Perry will take a serious look.

Good relationship with Anthopoulos and knows all their is to know about Fried. 
Asking price would be steep, but boy would that be a good get.

Fried would be amazing, but man, I don't think we can afford a trade for him from a prospect sense.  We'd have to probably include just about all of our top ones.

Given the Braves are looking to win now, I imagine a trade would be designed to include one of Sandoval or Detmers, who would take Fried's spot, and probably one of Neto or O'Hoppe.

Just now, Trendon said:

SP market is thinning out.

I think we end up with someone in the Lorenzen/Lugo bucket.  Given we already have 5 SPs, that would seem to make the most sense, given we have a (likely) limited budget and bigger needs elsewhere.

It is strange to say this, but I think our greatest organizational strength at the moment is actually SP.