• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Yeah everyone can point and laugh at Heaney as much as they want, but the Dodgers obviously got him in the right direction last year, these signings have worked out well for the Rangers (see Perez, Lynn, Gray, Gibson), and the ballpark - and probably Mike Maddux - will help him too. I think odds are greater this works out well for the Rangers than poorly. 

Not expecting him to be dominant, but a sub-3.50 ERA and strong strikeout numbers wouldn’t surprise me in the least. The talent has always been there. Their rotation has the potential to be extremely good.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yeah everyone can point and laugh at Heaney as much as they want, but the Dodgers obviously got him in the right direction last year, these signings have worked out well for the Rangers (see Perez, Lynn, Gray, Gibson), and the ballpark - and probably Mike Maddux - will help him too. I think odds are greater this works out well for the Rangers than poorly. 

Not expecting him to be dominant, but a sub-3.50 ERA and strong strikeout numbers wouldn’t surprise me in the least. The talent has always been there. Their rotation has the potential to be extremely good.

Sure.

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

As a depth piece sure. But looking at the Rangers' rotation and what's waiting in their system has their rotation looking much better. They could be sneaky good and I think the majority of us are undermining their moves.

I actually don't know what to think. There is a pretty good chance they have a bunch  of great pitching led by one of the best in the business; I also think there is a chance it turns into DeGrom and an indistinguishable pile of #4 starters. And while there is value in that, I'm not sure that Heaney really raises their ceiling too much -- unless, of course, they make a trade. 

the dogs fixed Heaney...and were able to milk a whole 72.2 innings out of him.  He's been in the league for 9 years and averaged about 80 innings per season.  In his last 3 full (non rona) seasons he's averaged about 100 innings per and in all but 2022 were they extremely mediocre.  And he's entering his age 32 season.  It's a decent depth signing for them.  Maybe.  And that's about it.  

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

FWIW, one minute before Heyman posted that about Judge the infamous lion account posted “😯”.

in the time I’ve typed this they’ve both come out to say 4:20 for the time stamp.

Either extraordinary quick reflexes or there’s some truth to they’re cred.

We see those same quick reflexes on this very board.  Literally the moment something is posted/happens, MMC posts immediately.  Every single time.  Some people are just always "ON" lol

That said, for the hell of it, that guy is having a Twitter spaces tonight, so maybe people can listen if they are so inclined:

33 minutes ago, totdprods said:

31 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Sure.

I think it’s safe to assume he’ll at least dominate the Halos during his time with the Rangers 

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

in all but 2022 were they extremely mediocre.  And he's entering his age 32 season.  It's a decent depth signing for them.  Maybe.  And that's about it.  

Hopefully the Angels don't sign a similar left handed pitcher

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Also kinda funny we’re hoping/thinking the Dodgers magic worked on Anderson going forward and thinking the opposite will happen with Heaney.

If anyone is thinking that'll hold up for either player, they're crazy.  I do expect Anderson to pitch more innings and they'll both be of similar quality.