• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout: “Phil’s been doing a great job”

mmc

Mike is unlikely to ever to be in a manager's doghouse. So I suspect he's happy with every skipper who writes his name on a lineup card unless he asks for a day off. During games in the Scioscia era, Trout was nearly permanently attached to the manager in the dugout when the Angels were batting or he had a day off. I don't recall him that attached to Skipper Brad or to Temp Skipper Phil.

39 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Mike is unlikely to ever to be in a manager's doghouse. So I suspect he's happy with every skipper who writes his name on a lineup card unless he asks for a day off. During games in the Scioscia era, Trout was nearly permanently attached to the manager in the dugout when the Angels were batting or he had a day off. I don't recall him that attached to Skipper Brad or to Temp Skipper Phil.

Umm, he was sitting next to Nevin the entire time he was out with the back injury

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Many on AW do not like Phil Nevin. I think he is doing a great job and I'm tired of so many changes at manager. Mike Trout saying that is showing his support for bolds well for Phil. Change of ownership coming and I think Phil stays next year. Angel's finishing season strong Nevi deserves some credit.

The fact that you, Swordsman, and others feel like he's doing a good job means we should hire literally anyone else.

He's still 13 games under as a manager, even with this latest meaningless win streak. I'm glad they won't finish with 90 losses, but the record against good teams is literally terrible.

Good Teams

Mets 1-2

Dodgers 0-4

Seattle 10-9

Astros 3-9

Atlanta 1-2

Tampa 0-4

Yankees 2-1

Indians 0-3

=17-35

Mediocre Teams

White Sox 2-1

Baltimore 0-4

Blue Jays 3-0

=5-5

Bad Teams

Marlins 1-1

Red Sox 1-3

Royals 3-3

Rangers 5-5

A's 7-2

Twins 4-2

Tigers 3-3

=24-19

Edited by Hubs

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

The fact that you, Swordsman, and others feel like he's doing a good job means we should hire literally anyone else.

He's still 13 games under as a manager, even with this latest meaningless win streak. I'm glad they won't finish with 90 losses, but the record against good teams is literally terrible.

Good Teams

Mets 1-2

Dodgers 0-4

Seattle 10-9

Astros 3-9

Atlanta 1-2

Tampa 0-4

Yankees 2-1

Indians 0-3

=17-35

Mediocre Teams

White Sox 2-1

Baltimore 0-4

Blue Jays 3-0

=5-5

Bad Teams

Marlins 1-1

Red Sox 1-3

Royals 3-3

Rangers 5-5

A's 7-2

Twins 4-2

Tigers 3-3

=24-19

Coming from someone who wanted to get rid of Rengifo and put Suarez in bullpen means little. Phil gets along and is supportive of his players. I agree with Mike and he should know. Young pitchers have done well under Phil so has revamped bullpen let us not HERGET that. Phil will be back in a lame duck 2023.

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Good Teams

Mets 1-2

Dodgers 0-4

Seattle 10-9

Astros 3-9

Atlanta 1-2

Tampa 0-4

Yankees 2-1

Indians 0-3

=17-35

Mediocre Teams

White Sox 2-1

Baltimore 0-4

Blue Jays 3-0

=5-5

Bad Teams

Marlins 1-1

Red Sox 1-3

Royals 3-3

Rangers 5-5

A's 7-2

Twins 4-2

Tigers 3-3

=24-19

This is a relevant take although it doesn't drill down much below 39000 feet.

It does however contribute positively toward your relevant take/total post count %.

For a stats driven guy, you can do much better/deeper  analysis.   But we're not holding our breath since, sadly,  the results won't align with your agenda. 

41 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Good Teams

Mets 1-2

Dodgers 0-4

Seattle 10-9

Astros 3-9

Atlanta 1-2

Tampa 0-4

Yankees 2-1

Indians 0-3

=17-35

Mediocre Teams

White Sox 2-1

Baltimore 0-4

Blue Jays 3-0

=5-5

Bad Teams

Marlins 1-1

Red Sox 1-3

Royals 3-3

Rangers 5-5

A's 7-2

Twins 4-2

Tigers 3-3

=24-19

Blue Jays a good team going to playoffs, plus those 3 were road wins.