• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout: “Phil’s been doing a great job”

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Mike Trout: “Phil’s been doing a great job”
17 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Too soon to tell with Nevin, but as of now I'd take him over Maddon and Ausmus in a heartbeat.

Why is it too soon?  What are you waiting for?  

Newsflash....Moses is not coming down from the mountain with the Nevins name on the Tablets....Nor will you see white smoke from the Vatican.

3 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Why is it too soon?  What are you waiting for?  

Newsflash....Moses is not coming down from the mountain with the Nevins name on the Tablets....Nor will you see white smoke from the Vatican.

I have some issues with how he’s managed the end of this season but I have not had many issues with his in game managing.

The players seem to like him as well, which is a big thing but it hasn’t been long.

Would I rather have seen Thaiss and Stefanic and Adell getting all the at bats they could over guys like Duffy and Ford and all the other scrubs that have been on the roster this year?  Maybe.  Would it have been nice to see some of the young starters gut through some tough innings as opposed to going to the pen?  Perhaps.  But that can be turned around into the idea that he's done a nice job of protecting the young guys and putting them in a position to gain confidence.  

But I certainly don't begrudge the guy for trying to win games.  It curries favor with the more veteran players and it's a nice feather in his cap for whatever the future holds for him.  

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder if someone can find a quote of Trout or another prominent player saying that Joe Maddon's been doing a great job during any point of his short tenure with the Angels. 

Not sure about any of the players, but you can probably find several from Maddon saying that.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Not sure about any of the players, but you can probably find several from Maddon saying that.

You know what I find interesting about this tweet from Blum, he says the front office does ask him about his opinion on stuff like this.  If so, you have to figure they asked him prior to canning Maddon. Makes one wonder ...

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You know what I find interesting about this tweet from Blum, he says the front office does ask him about his opinion on stuff like this.  If so, you have to figure they asked him prior to canning Maddon. Makes one wonder ...

I may be wrong (someone fact check this) but I could have swore that someone in Trout's family (maybe his sister?) tweeted out something joyous after the firing of Joe Maddon, or something along the lines of being happy with a fresh start under a new manager. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I may be wrong (someone fact check this) but I could have swore that someone in Trout's family (maybe his sister?) tweeted out something joyous after the firing of Joe Maddon, or something along the lines of being happy with a fresh start under a new manager. 

Oh here it is from Mike Trout's sister. Interesting that she knew the night before it was announced! 

17 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

A surefire way to brighten everyone's mood is to end the season with 15 straight games against the A's, Rangers, and Twins

Going 6-3 in 9 straight .vs three playoff teams (Jays, Yanks, Astros), wasn't so bad either.  They had that putrid run in August where they went 1-9 and that awful series in Cleveland (at least that series was competitive), but they did show signs of change down the stretch.

Shitty season, nobody questions that and the offseason may be a shit show given the uncertainty regarding ownership.  So, beating up on some other baddies is all we got til ST starts.

36 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Going 6-3 in 9 straight .vs three playoff teams (Jays, Yanks, Astros), wasn't so bad either.  They had that putrid run in August where they went 1-9 and that awful series in Cleveland (at least that series was competitive), but they did show signs of change down the stretch.

Shitty season, nobody questions that and the offseason may be a shit show given the uncertainty regarding ownership.  So, beating up on some other baddies is all we got til ST starts.

The 1-9 was really the only bad stretch post 20-48 ultimate dump.

That that away and they are 28-16 after the 20-48 dump.

Aside from the 20-48 dump, they are 53-38 on the season.

Point being even with it being a poor season record wise, they may not be as far away from WC contention in 2023 (health permitting) as was thought.

A solid nucleus is in place with the four main starters plus Rengifo, Trout, Ohtani, Ward, Rendon, Walsh, Soto, O’Hoppe, Herget, Quijada, Tepera, and Wantz (again health permitting).

Plus a few of the upper minors guys may be ready at some point in 2023.

Just need to address 1 OF spot, 2 rotation spots, and 1-2 late innings bullpen spots.