• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Livan Soto

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ah, right.  I actually forgot about dumping his salary. So if Moreno decides to keep the payroll at this year's level, there's actually more room than I said a few posts back.  (That said, I still see no reason for him NOT to cut payroll if he still controls the team in 2023).

Exactly

He should be able to bring in short term solutions for an OF spot, starting pitcher, and a couple of late innings relievers. 
He’s going to take home $2+ billion on the sale of the team.   What’s another $30-35 million for 2023, if it helps bring them back into contention finally and brings the crowd count back towards close to $3 million?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

$30 to $35 million dollars. That's a large sum of money regardless and it would be him throwing it away for another owners gain. He didn't buy the team with Disney filing in his 2003 roster, he has no incentive to do anything different for the next buyer. 

I was thinking more one year deals for those acquisitions.   Then when the owner assumes control at some point in 2023, he only has to pay them for the rest of the season.

Then for 2024, Tepera, Loup, and those acquisitions are off the books.

Edited by Angel Oracle

10 hours ago, Biergott said:

I’ve heard from two people now recently that it was “reported” that Rengifo is not a good teammate, is selfish and not good in the clubhouse.  Surprised me.  Seems like a fun guy, not quite the comedian Aybar was, but always in on the fun.

anyone know if there’s truth to this because that would help with decisions as well and potentially get us some value.

i hope it’s not though because he had a nice season and I was looking forward to him and soto in the middle.

I have not heard that, and it seems like an irresponsible thing to speculate about unless you have confirmed from sources that it’s true.

Do you have a link to those reports, or did you just make it up with no credibility?

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

So you think the Angels is the US treasury and can just print money?

Unless your the Dodgers or Yankees you need inexpensive players to play multiple positions to compliment your expensive ones.

I don’t think they can print money, hence why I said the reality is they can’t make all the ideal upgrades.

But, there is room for a new owner to significantly improve the payroll like the Mets and Dodgers did under new ownership. Even if it’s not to those levels, the Angels should have the revenue to approach luxury tax levels.

52 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Here’s thought for 2024 and beyond.

If Jackson is ready by then, and Walsh is still struggling, move Rendon to 1B and put Jackson at 3B?

Rendon will be 34 in 2024, and could probably use less wear and tear on the infield by then?

Jackson isn’t gonna pushing Rendon to 3B anytime soon.

Jackson hit below league average in AA this season. Let’s cool it on some of these insane prospect expectations.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Jackson isn’t gonna pushing Rendon to 3B anytime soon.

Jackson hit below league average in AA this season. Let’s cool it on some of these insane prospect expectations.

I did say “if ready”, and meant at whatever point in the 2024 season.

The power, defense, and BBs are there.   Just needs to continue to cut down on the Ks, and stay healthy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 hours ago, Trendon said:

I have not heard that, and it seems like an irresponsible thing to speculate about unless you have confirmed from sources that it’s true.

Do you have a link to those reports, or did you just make it up with no credibility?

Wow, yeah I just made it up.  Did you even read what I wrote?  Or just want to attack every post?

I heard it from a friend and a family member that said they had read it somewhere.  Which is why I ASKED IF ANYONE ELSE HAD HEARD IT because I didn’t believe it and was asking this group to see if anyone could confirm it.

guess I won’t use this MESSAGE BOARD to discuss things about the Angels including rumors I’m looking to confirm or deny.

thanks for being a condescending ass

Edited by Biergott

1 hour ago, Biergott said:

Wow, yeah I just made it up.  Did you even read what I wrote?  Or just want to attack every post?

I heard it from a friend and a family member that said they had read it somewhere.  Which is why I ASKED IF ANYONE ELSE HAD HEARD IT because I didn’t believe it and was asking this group to see if anyone could confirm it.

guess I won’t use this MESSAGE BOARD to discuss things about the Angels including rumors I’m looking to confirm or deny.

Your original post said that it was "reported," which implies that there is a report that can be linked.

Dude go be a nitpicking ass somewhere else instead of attacking a very clear post where I was asking the question and also clearly stated I couldn’t and didn’t want to believe it. I even put the word “reported” I quotes because it was second hand info.  

I’ve never been an ass to anyone on this board and never had anyone attack me. I’ve gone back an re-read my post and still have no idea why you would call me out and be a dick.

what the hell is your problem?  Other than your poor reading comprehension of course.

guess this isn’t the same place that it used to be…

21 hours ago, Biergott said:

I’ve heard from two people now recently that it was “reported” that Rengifo is not a good teammate, is selfish and not good in the clubhouse.  Surprised me.  Seems like a fun guy, not quite the comedian Aybar was, but always in on the fun.

anyone know if there’s truth to this because that would help with decisions as well and potentially get us some value.

i hope it’s not though because he had a nice season and I was looking forward to him and soto in the middle.

I've not seen/heard that anywhere reported anywhere.  maybe the people who passed this along can give you more insight or go into detail.  

41 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Dude go be a nitpicking ass somewhere else instead of attacking a very clear post where I was asking the question and also clearly stated I couldn’t and didn’t want to believe it. I even put the word “reported” I quotes because it was second hand info.  

I’ve never been an ass to anyone on this board and never had anyone attack me. I’ve gone back an re-read my post and still have no idea why you would call me out and be a dick.

what the hell is your problem?  Other than your poor reading comprehension of course.

guess this isn’t the same place that it used to be…

I remember you, you've always been very chill.  I think this is one of those times where things were lost in translation.  That said everyone here is still the same collection of happy ass-hats you remember, but its been a bad season and there has been so much bad publicity people can get punchy.

Good to see you posting, hopefully there will be some positives to discuss over the winter.

1 hour ago, Biergott said:

I even put the word “reported” I quotes because it was second hand info.  

I should've read that better, my bad.

I overreacted because, like you, I don't want that to be true and initially felt like you were unfairly accusing Rengifo of being a bad teammate. But now that I've re-read it, I realize that you were just trying to get clarity and weren't trying to accuse Rengifo of being a bad teammate.

8 minutes ago, Stax said:

What's the last few comments have to do with Livan Soto? Livan should be the starting shortstop for the Angels for 2023 and beyond.

He will come back down to earth. Nothing in his minor league career indicates he’s this type of player. He may be a place holder. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He will come back down to earth. Nothing in his minor league career indicates he’s this type of player. He may be a place holder. 

Yep. Livan Soto wouldn't stop me from hoping the Angels go hard for one of these FA SS, but with the whole team sale thing still to unfold, not sure we see them go that route

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Yep. Livan Soto wouldn't stop me from hoping the Angels go hard for one of these FA SS, but with the whole team sale thing still to unfold, not sure we see them go that route

Of course he is not going to continue to hit .400 or even .300 for that matter but it is a lot cheaper to find a LF than a SS and there is nothing that I have really ever seen that leads me to believe that Adell is going to figure things out.  Soto's approach at the plate looks so much more confident than anything Adell has ever shown. We don't have enough money to go out and spend to become a contender.  In a fantasy world it would be nice to go out and spend money in all our needs but the reality is we need to hit the right signings next year and hope the best from some guys.  

We need to upgrade OF.  We don't seem to have internal options that are better than the poor output Adell has given us.    

We have options at the INF to start next year that will improve on our situation this year and they are cheap.

We have to hope that Rendon finally earns a little bit of his contract and that Walsh bounces back. We need O'hoppe to be an improvement at the plate at C when he is ready to take over (and this should not be hard with what we got this year from the C spot). 

Then we have to find a starting pitcher that can be a #2. Are they willing to spend the money....and then they need to get bullpen guys.

Is Arte willing to sign a starting OF, a pitcher and relief pitchers?  I think we have to sign that and hope for the best with what we have.  So many "hopes" but that is the state of the organization right now.