• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Livan Soto

7 minutes ago, Revad said:

Will he continue to fill out some or is he fully developed physically?

He's always going to have a small frame and they list him at 160 but I think he's probably heavier than that by now.  I suspect if he hits the gym hard he'll put on some more good weight and get stronger.  But he looks like the type of guy who will be a rail if he doesn't work very hard to keep his weight up.  

Spring should be interesting with Velasquez and Soto competing for infield spots.  The other question is whether to put resources toward getting a middle infielder better than Fletcher.  Neto is in the wings so LF seems the better direction, especially if Artie oks a multi year deal.

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

He's always going to have a small frame and they list him at 160 but I think he's probably heavier than that by now.  I suspect if he hits the gym hard he'll put on some more good weight and get stronger.  But he looks like the type of guy who will be a rail if he doesn't work very hard to keep his weight up.  

At this point I'd say he's ahead of where either of us would have put him and I think we both liked him, particularly as a UT guy.  Beyond the tools, the stuff between the ears seems to be rock solid.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

At this point I'd say he's ahead of where either of us would have put him and I think we both liked him, particularly as a UT guy.  Beyond the tools, the stuff between the ears seems to be rock solid.

Agreed.  He just kinda looks like a 'major leaguer'.  Like the call up ain't no thing.   He's a bit old school with his skill set and mannerisms to me.  I really like his swing.  Nice and short.  Controls the zone well enough.  He seems to really know who and what he is.  (As he hits a seed that eats up the SS for a hit).    

I believe you meant Juan Soto! 

3-3 today and is RED hot for the Angels. I think at worst he's a backup INF for the Angels, but I'd argue he's better than Fletcher as far as his overall game.

Dude is hitting .422 with a 1.082 OPS. lol

Just now, Stradling said:

I think of our middle infielders the shift ban will only help Rengifo who feels like can get pull happy.  It won’t help Fletcher. 

I honestly expect this change will be the end of Fletcher. His 78 wRC+ probably turns into a 70, or worse with the same results. Obviously it will be interesting to see how significantly offense increases because of the ban.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think of our middle infielders the shift ban will only help Rengifo who feels like can get pull happy.  It won’t help Fletcher. 

I haven't looked at the spray charts but off the top of my head the only guy in the lineup with real pull tendencies is Walsh, so I think this will really help him. Ohtani pulls a little, so he'll probably see a little bump too. Obviously most guys pull the ball more than not so the majority are likely to see marginal increases. I think it makes 2023 awfully hard to predict as well.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I believe you meant Juan Soto! 

3-3 today and is RED hot for the Angels. I think at worst he's a backup INF for the Angels, but I'd argue he's better than Fletcher as far as his overall game.

Dude is hitting .422 with a 1.082 OPS. lol

I think we may field a better team next season if we brought in a SS, moved Soto to 2B, and had Fletcher be our Swiss Army Knife.