• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: A's @ Angels (9/29/22) Ohtani going for win 15

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Stassi decided it was worth it. 

Like I said before if I knew I could hit under .200 and be a pro ballplayer maybe I would have tried harder, but I thought I'd have to be in the upper .200- lower .300 range and wasn't sure I could do that. 

Baseball life is tough, 7-8 months away from family and friends...wasn't worth it for me. 

But I'd hit better than anyone on this board, that's for sure. That's why nobody will challenge me. 

They'd rather smartoff like keyboard warriors. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

Like I said before if I knew I could hit under .200 and be a pro ballplayer maybe I would have tried harder, but I thought I'd have to be in the upper .200-.300 range and wasn't sure I could do that. 

So was it a lack of dedication to the task or a talent issue? 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

This Soto kid has been fun to watch. He’s on some sort of silly streak where he’s got at least two hits per game for about six or seven games in a row. 

Has it been enough to earn a full time job next season? 

Not sure about getting a job, but I think he's at the very least made Velazquez expendable on the 40 man roster.  I think if he's not starting next year, he should be playing daily at AAA, not hanging out on the bench.  He does seem to have some potential, although I feel like his future is probably more in line with a bench player than a starter.

Perhaps in the not too distant future, a middle infield of Neto and Paris, with Soto as the primary backup, and Rengifo filling the role of super utility (2B/3B/SS/LF).

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

So was it a lack of dedication to the task or a talent issue? 

Lack of dedication. There was a lot of politics that showed up playing in college, the best players weren't out on the field, and the team knew it. But the people in charge made those decisions, and it ruined a lot of the "best players on the field should be playing" in my opinion.

Do I want to dedicate my physical longevity to this sport, or do I want to be able to run around with my kids when I'm 40 played a lot into it as well. There is a lot of physical activity that was required that I didn't want to do to my body. I decided to earn money with my brains, not my body. 

I have to say even with millions of dollars, Trout is stuck doing the same thing every damn day, and I don't know if I was down for that. For example I just spent the last 6 days at Disneyland, California Adventure, Knott's and Magic Mountain and I wouldn't be able to do that if I was playing ball. That freedom to hang out with my buddies is priceless. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

Lack of dedication. There was a lot of politics that showed up playing in college, the best players weren't out on the field, and the team knew it. But the people in charge made those decisions, and it ruined a lot of the "best players on the field should be playing" in my opinion.

Do I want to dedicate my physical longevity to this sport, or do I want to be able to run around with my kids when I'm 40 played a lot into it as well. There is a lot of physical activity that was required that I didn't want to do to my body. I decided to earn money with my brains, not my body. 

I have to say even with millions of dollars, Trout is stuck doing the same thing every damn day, and I don't know if I was down for that. 

This is the most incredible piece written on Angelswin. If I could put it in a gold frame and place it the AW Hall of Fame I would. 

Trout is stuck doing the same thing every damn day, and I don't know if I was down for that.

That's just incredible. 

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think his defense is as good as Velasquez. But he can hit, and that’s something squid was terrible at. 

Is it?  That's the key part to find out.  He has graded out as below average so far on both Fangraphs and Baseball Reference, but again, only a handful of games - subject to sample size error.