• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you see the rest of the season playing out?

I see a couple of pieces being traded off, like Downs and Howie and either Trumbo or Bourjos and maybe even Frieri. I see us tanking pretty bad for a couple of weeks. Especially if Albert elects to have surgery, which I hope he does. But then, with no more pressure on them, I see us playing halfway decently down the stretch. Maybe even playing .500 in August and September. Would be a nice consolation prize to play spoiler to the A's, Rangers or Red Sox.

The team will continue to suck.  Either the hitting will suck, or the pitching will suck.  Many times they will both suck.

Sosh will still put Aybar at leadoff and keep Jerome doing the start/pen two step and talking.  Ebel will keep waiving his arms like a windmill until they fall off.  Butcher will keep betting the absolute worse out of the staff.  Dipoto will still make moves for players that fit on a slide rule but not on the field and Arte will keep wondering why this team keeps losing.

Some wins a lot of boring baseball and lots more losses. Hopefully trading off veterans who could give us some minor league depth and lower our payroll for the next couple years like Downs, Wilson, Weaver, Callaspo, Howie, Aybar, Vargas and Iannetta start the rebuild with Bourjos Trout and Trumbo at the Helm. Heck try to trade our waste of space Hamilton and Mike S for Kemp's crappy ass lol would be funny.

I would do the following this year:

Give Conger the everyday C job. 

Move Richards back to starting

Trade Downs at the ASB

Hope you can get Vargas back in time to trade him

Maybe the same for Madesn although it's doubtful he sees the field this year

DL Pujols and get him his surgery. 

Bring up Calhoun and let him play everyday. 

Pray that Blanton continues to do well and trade him to anyone that will take him.

You've got to see if Calhoun and Conger can be everyday players and if Richards can cut it as a starter.  It gives you more flexibility in the offseason if they can.  If they can't, you are no worse for wear. 

the cano thing is sooooooo tired. you need a new bit.

Maybe so, just hoping that Arte doesn't bite on that acquisition.

Kershaw would be the one dream signing for the next 4-5 years (only age 27 when starting new deal), that would make total sense to throw big money at a huge need.    Even Price's injury has soured me on wanting Arte to sign him.

But I can't see the Raviners letting Kershaw get away.

I do envision Arte personally scouting 32+ year stars to identify who he wants to make a "big splash" on this winter.

I can see Jamie Moyer brought in to shore up the rotation. However, in consideration of his being slightly past his prime, Arte and Jerry will give him only 5 years.

I can see Jamie Moyer brought in to shore up the rotation. However, in consideration of his being slightly past his prime, Arte and Jerry will give him only 5 years.

Why stop there? Let's dig Satchel Paige up from his grave and get him out to the mound!

I think we finish 4 games below .500. If Downs pitches well the next month I can see him going somewhere in return for a minor league arm. I don't see us trading any other pieces at the trade deadline especially on offense. We don't really have any tradable impact players. Howie is tradeable but I don't think he is an impact player even as well as he is playing. On the starting  pitching side we have Jerome Williams as possible trade bait but anyone looking for that quality pitching probably is barely on the cusp of making the playoffs. Jerome might help them get there as some team's 4th or 5th starter but probably wouldnt be a playoff starting pitcher.

I don't think we make any significant trades. It would be interesting to see after the trade deadline if the Angels would put Hamilton on Waivers to see if anyone is interested in taking over his contract. If he got hot he could be an impact bat for someone and has plenty of playoff/WS experience. It would be an expensive experiment for someone. How does a no trade clause work with waivers?