• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If money were no object, where would you choose to live?

If money were no object I'd buy the house next to cals and let Taylor live there rent free for shits and giggles. 

As far as my remaining working years there's plenty of nice places in CA that I like location wise, have great views and great weather like La Jolla but ultimately I'd want to get away from the rat race at least part of the year so split time in two locations like Adam.  The second location would be on or near a lake, river or bay and have far fewer people than we have in CA.  My wife's great grandfather came here from Italy and because they can trace their lineage she was able to get dual citizenship.  I love the idea of retiring to somewhere in Italy in wine country where it's laid back and we can refurbish an old house or farm on some small vineyard. 

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

Maybe Jackson WY.

Someplace with fewer people. It's getting a little crowded around here.

Jackson is crowded and extremely expensive. 

There is a lack of buildable land so 1000 sqft shacks in town are like 2 million dollars.  The road to the resort is filled with lower income housing since the people who work in the service industry and resorts can't afford to live there.  Some move to Alpine, WY to the south or Victor or Driggs in Idaho to the west (but this is over the pass, so in winter it can be closed periodically).  North and east aren't usable for growth become of National Parks and National Forests. 

It's also filled with lefties and Hollywood types, FYI.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 6:20 PM, WicketMaiden said:

France is also a lovely country but the people aren't so friendly, especially if you don't speak French

But that's the best part. Those people are probably all talking crap on me whenever I go there.... but because I don't speak French, I have no idea they are, so it doesn't bother me!

I just say "merci" and wave