• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

Very excited for this news and the possibilities. However, should we be concerned about how this could potentially effect the off season?

Will the sale happen quickly enough to where we can have a no restrictions free agency?

Or will this impede Perry from having the type of off season we need?

It took the Mets about a year to sell. The Nats announced their intent to sell this April and its now August. Hope we get resolution sooner than those timelines.

Just now, Taylor said:

I'm rooting for MacKenzie Scott. Bezos' ex-wife. She met the dude when he was a lowly computer programmer, and now she's the second richest woman in America (worth $58.5B). Think of what she could do with the Angels.

She's more interesting in philanthropy. 

1 hour ago, Spirit_of_02 said:

I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the details of the Samueli family's finances but would they have the interest or financial ability to buy?

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

I think Samueli will be a major bidder. 

They are developing the area around the Pond and I'm sure they would like to control the development around Angels stadium if/when that happens. He also is nearly twice as wealthy as Arte.

BTW, net worth according to Google (who knows how accurate these measures are, or the liquidity situation is) has Samueli at $7.1 billion, Cuban at $4.6 billion, and Arte at $4.1)

If you want a largely hands off owner with a lot of money to burn, Samueli is a better option than Cuban.

I'm hoping Samueli over Ballmer.  First, Samueli is rich enough.  Not Ballmer rich, but rich enough.  Second, Samueli has invested heavily in the OC, where Ballmer, when given the opportunity, chose Inglewood over the OC.  Third, Samueli's fortunes aren't tied to the team as Arte was.  Arte was a billionaire when he bought the team, but his fortunes disproportionately went up due to the value of the team.  Samueli is just wicked smart, and Broadcomm is his money tree.  Fourth, Samueli is well regarded among the NHL.  On the Board of Governors, and an advisor to the commissioner.  Fifth, which is really oddly opposite of fourth, is that he is hands off when it comes to running the Ducks.  The Hockey people run the Ducks, and just wants to go and enjoy and grow the game.  Sixth, Samueli knows he can't take it with him.  His kids are set.  He's been more giving back to the community, and if he owned the Angels, it would be more of a community trust than a money making machine.  Just like the Ducks.  

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

My thoughts about Ohtani are more about his perspective and how it will effect his plans knowing the team is going to be sold.

Fortunately Ohtani is signed for another year in Anaheim, so the new owner has a chance to get in and woo Ohtani and convince him to stay (if that is the plan).

A key factor is that all reports say Ohtani likes living in the area.  This may keep him even if the Angels are not the highest offer.  

Either way Ohtani stands to make generational $$ and he can stay in an area that he prefers.

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

What's the story there?  I remember something coming up a while back.  Do they just not like each other?  If so, meh.   Plenty of former players speak well of Arte Moreno.  Tim Salmon, especially.  

Maybe Moreno is anti-Semitic.