• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I love this fire sale streak

Trade our closer and starter as sellers at the deadline and we go on a winning streak. Nice to see. Would be incredible to see this team sneak into the playoffs in the wild card and make some kind of wacky ass run.  

ok taking off my halo hat and putting on my failo hat. 

LFG.  

30 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Angels do this every year. Go on a meaningless hot streak in August/September that causes them to drop in the draft rankings and convince Perry and co. that only minor changes are needed in the off-season.

I see no reason that Rengifo, Fletcher, and Manganese Sierra can't maintain this level of performance for years to come

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Angels do this every year. Go on a meaningless hot streak in August/September that causes them to drop in the draft rankings and convince Perry and co. that only minor changes are needed in the off-season.

I don't think it happens every year.  Actually out of all the 30 MLB teams the Angels have the 13th best wining percentage  (.499) of all time.  That kind of describes the overall franchise for me over time, we sometimes are good (not great), and then sometimes poor (not the worst).  It sucks to be average.  And I think there will be plenty of changes made this off season.  Minasian will have plenty pressure to do so, if for no other reason than he has to look like he is taking proactive measures.  I think he will feel the heat from a reactive Arte.

53 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Was gonna comment on this the other day.

It's not that you want to see them lose. But if you're gonna lose, get something out of it.

We always do this thing where we get our ass kicked. Then when the other guy turns around, we get up and kick him in the kidney. 

Then he turns around, hooks us in the jaw and takes out 3 of our teeth.

And we feel like "yeah, mother fucked! I didn't just lay down!" And we go to the bar and get shots, flirt with the bartender.

Then tomorrow comes, and we're in the ER, trying to have the tip of our tongue sewn back on. And we realize we ripped our favorite jacket when we curled in the fetal as that guy was kicking us in the ribs.

And our phone screen is cracked.

4 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I see no reason that Rengifo, Fletcher, and Manganese Sierra can't maintain this level of performance for years to come

I can because this game gets radically harder as the years go by, and the players age and become more vulnerable to injury.  There are so many ways to identify your weaknesses, and exploit them.  It seems to me that ages 24-31 are the golden years for most.  Yes, there are younger and older outliers, but not a lot of them.  Rengifo is approaching his prime, Fletcher has peaked but still has some life in him, Sierra is kind of different as he is like a Dee Gordon type (probably not as great).  That's why I don't worry about Adel, he is just beginning his golden period and improving still.  Yes, you do need strong veterans to lead like Trout and Rendon, but health with them is of utmost importance.

Minasian deadline trades are trending toward being good.  The bullpen got reshuffled due to injury, and especially relief pitchers got a chance and they are responding.  Davidson may have chance as a 4th or fifth starter.  Moniac is a wild card, but he is similar in age to Adel, and he might be a usable player with regular playing time.  Dugger may have a year or two left in him.  I predict Duffy, Gosselin, Rojas, Velasquez, Suzuki, Chavez, Bradley, Diaz, Rosenberg, and maybe more (Sierra, Canning, Junk, maybe Walsh) won't be back on the 40 man roster.

A lot hinges on Ohtani, and what he wants to do about his future.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was gonna comment on this the other day.

It's not that you want to see them lose. But if you're gonna lose, get something out of it.

We always do this thing where we get our ass kicked. Then when the other guy turns around, we get up and kick him in the kidney. 

Then he turns around, hooks us in the jaw and takes out 3 of our teeth.

And we feel like "yeah, mother fucked! I didn't just lay down!" And we go to the bar and get shots, flirt with the bartender.

Then tomorrow comes, and we're in the ER, trying to have the tip of our tongue sewn back on. And we realize we ripped our favorite jacket when we curled in the fetal as that guy was kicking us in the ribs.

And our phone screen is cracked.

And that was the last time I went with you to an Angels game. I told you not to mess with Ghostface Killas henchmen.