• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is Chris Rodriguez?

And honestly, the answer to that question Congress in how you believe he was injured. Was it a fresh injury, was it overuse, or was it over-exertion? 

Personally, I would bring him back as a starting pitcher. I think he was throwing Max effort in the bullpen which led to this injury. I'd see what he can do across 5 innings, and if he's healthy and effective, keep him there. 

Soccer style kicker graduated from Collier High June 1976, Stetson University honors graduate class of 1980, holds 2 NCAA Division One records, one for most points in a season, one for distance, former nickname "The Mule," the first and only pro-athlete ever to come out of Collier County and one hell of a model American.

49 minutes ago, Second Base said:

And honestly, the answer to that question Congress in how you believe he was injured. Was it a fresh injury, was it overuse, or was it over-exertion? 

Personally, I would bring him back as a starting pitcher. I think he was throwing Max effort in the bullpen which led to this injury. I'd see what he can do across 5 innings, and if he's healthy and effective, keep him there. 

I agree with you. 

@Inside Pitch often calls him a "red ass" so he was probably going way harder than he should have been.

He has the makings of a frontline starter. He just has to actually pitch. 

I do think he can be a great closer but I'm still holding out for him to start. He has 5 years of control left so I think the Angels will see it the same way.

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with you. 

@Inside Pitch often calls him a "red ass" so he was probably going way harder than he should have been.

He has the makings of a frontline starter. He just has to actually pitch. 

I do think he can be a great closer but I'm still holding out for him to start. He has 5 years of control left so I think the Angels will see it the same way.

The guy would run through a wall if they only let him.   You love to see that sort of fire but as was the case with Erstad, sometimes it hurts the team more than it helps.   Just due to the nature of his job, the dude needs to limit himself.   Ohtani is great at knowing when to stop, Rodriguez... not so much.

2 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Soccer style kicker graduated from Collier High June 1976, Stetson University honors graduate class of 1980, holds 2 NCAA Division One records, one for most points in a season, one for distance, former nickname "The Mule," the first and only pro-athlete ever to come out of Collier County and one hell of a model American.

What would he knowww.... about PRESSURE!

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The guy would run through a wall if they only let him.   You love to see that sort of fire but as was the case with Erstad, sometimes it hurts the team more than it helps.   Just due to the nature of his job, the dude needs to limit himself.   Ohtani is great at knowing when to stop, Rodriguez... not so much.

Re-sign Ohtani, and you have the perfect mentor.

I think bringing him back as a starter makes the most sense, as it enables you to plan out his appearances.

I wouldn’t put any pitch limits or innings limits on him.

If he’s healthy, just let him start and pitch as deep into games as his performance and body will let him. And let him make as many starts as his body lets him.

I don’t like the idea of artificially limiting his innings or pitch count because you don’t know if he’d even be healthy enough to make another start a few weeks later. Use his pitches/innings while you can, and don’t restrict him.