• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Marsh, Mickey Moniak, and Jo Adell

mmc

Rank these 3 players based on who you think will be the best major leaguer (from best to worst  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Rank these 3 players based on who you think will be the best major leaguer (from best to worst

• Adell, Marsh, Moniak
    • Adell, Moniak, Marsh
    • Marsh, Adell, Moniak
    • Marsh, Moniak, Adell
    • Moniak, Adell, Marsh
    • Moniak, Marsh, Adell

I was torn between Adell/Marsh/Moniak and Marsh/Adell/Moniak

Truth is Marsh had started to have me questioning his ability to make the adjustments required to become a quality hitter. He is obviously gold glove caliber in CF, which has value, but he has regressed from his rookie season, so I am not sure what to think about him.

Adell has looked terrible in his time up, and I don't think he will ever be a good defensive player, but he does seem to be getting better just a little bit every time out. Sure he had further to go than Marsh, but I think he's closing the gap, and he has always had a little bit more upside as a hitter. 

Moniak is a fourth outfield. I would be happy if he became Orlando Palmiero.

Now this doesn't mean any of these guys are going to be difference makers. Marsh is still the safe bet, but Im not sure it works out that way.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Mark my words…baldoquin

will always suck ass

Didn't know if you knew this or not...

• Roberto Baldoquin: Released by Angels

Rotowire  APR 2, 2020

Baldoquin was recently cut loose by the Angels, Fabian Ardaya of The Athletic reports.

The Angels signed Baldoquin out of Cuba late in 2014, but the shortstop never made much of an impact at any of his minor-league stops. He slashed .241/.295/.317 with nine home runs and 21 stolen bases in 355 career minor-league contests and never ascended beyond the Double-A level.

Moniak should have most of the month of September to show his ability.  He did have a good spring with the Phillies, and he was off to a good start with us when he broke his finger.  Actually doubled his total of ML homers with us in three games.  

He is also still a young player, so the potential is there.  I just wish Perry could've gotten Philly to throw in their hitting coach in the deal. 

I have no idea about Moniak - haven't really watched him play or read scouting reports, or see what the general view is on "what went wrong." But it is pretty cool that, after five games, he has twice as many career HR with the Angels as he had with Philadelphia.

As for Marsh vs. Adell, I think the same is true as it has seemed for a year or more: Adell has higher upside, but Marsh a higher floor. But chances of Adell reaching that upside have lessened over the last two years.

That said, Adell seems to be improving, albeit slowly. But he has something like a 10% walk rate over his last 40 PA, and a K rate below 30%. So improvement!  It is a little weird how few HR he's hitting...11 HR of 86 major league hits, or 4 of 32 this year...that's 13% of his hits, or about 1 in 8. Over the course of his minor league career he's hit 71 HR of 396 hits (18%), or 36 of 127 over the last two seasons (28%).

But if we consider that Adell has hit .239/.289/.373 this year with a 5.3 BB% and 34.2 SO%, if he can improve those to around 10 and 30%, and also start hitting jacks at the rate he was in AAA, he's going to hit something like .250/.320/.470. I think that is quite do-able, and that's about what I'd predict for next year. If he can establish that as a baseline level, theoretically he could improve from there and have seasons hitting .270/.340/.550.

I still have hope.

Marsh's poor hitting is more surprising, really. Going into this season I thought the question was whether he's be more of a line-drive hitting on-base machine or a less BA and walks, but more HR. He's combined the worst of both worlds: low BA, few walks, not much power. If I were Philly, I'd tell him to work on making contact and getting on base and not worry about hitting home runs. The potential is still there to be something like a .270/.340/.420 guy which, if you couple it with excellent CF defense, makes him a borderline star. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

44 minutes ago, khouse said:

Rotowire  APR 2, 2020

Baldoquin was recently cut loose by the Angels, Fabian Ardaya of The Athletic reports.

The Angels signed Baldoquin out of Cuba late in 2014, but the shortstop never made much of an impact at any of his minor-league stops. He slashed .241/.295/.317 with nine home runs and 21 stolen bases in 355 career minor-league contests and never ascended beyond the Double-A level.

Oh I knew it. Just need to remind the board of his ass suckage

1 hour ago, khouse said:

Rotowire  APR 2, 2020

Just needs a bit more time to get adjusted to America and all. Understanding jail broke amazon sticks, fish tacos, and Uber eats. Once he's comfortable with those he's major league ready right now.

13 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just needs a bit more time to get adjusted to America and all. Understanding jail broke amazon sticks, fish tacos, and Uber eats. Once he's comfortable with those he's major league ready right now.

Uber Eats, the staple of the millennial lifestyle according to @Blarg and @Lou.

The hilarious part is that just as many fans believe Moniak will be just as good as Adell. 

I don't know whether that means we should get our hopes up for one, or be disappointed because of the other. 

But it appears fans believe we traded our best outfield prospect for a someday catcher. 

Edited by Second Base

Really can't rank them, but a few things I will say;

Adell at-bats looks much better! he working counts, he might mostly be a high strike out/ low Walks guy. He has the rest of the season to produce and show he can handle Lf. 

Moniak, had a nice little start, but he he needs to show this throughout a longer season. 

If we were to rank them based on their Prime Prosepct ranking, It'd Be Adell, moniak and Marsh. 

20 hours ago, khouse said:

Rotowire  APR 2, 2020

Thanks dipshito.  And because of him we couldn't attempt to sign Vad Jr the following year