• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels begin retooling for 2023 with series of trades, including $59 million in savings

8 hours ago, T.G. said:

Sometimes people are unsuccessful until one day, they're not any more. They find success because they keep trying, learn from their mistakes and get better.

i thought that was a response to the marsh posts until i realize it wasn't. it still fits though.

7 hours ago, Deek said:

They received a former number one overall pick... And a high-ceiling single-A outfielder...

They wouldn't have received a #1 overall pick - and certainly not 2 picks, had Syndergaard walked...

I wonder how hard we’re going to see the organization try and sell this as “#1 Overall Pick Mickey Moniak!”

On 8/3/2022 at 1:12 AM, Trendon said:

One question I have that I don't see an answer to is what did the Angels like about Moniak and Sanchez that made them targets in the Syndergaard trade?

Sanchez may just be a prospect flier, but what about Moniak? Did the Angels just take him to take a gamble on him or do they see tangible qualities/metrics in him that made him a desirable acquisition.

Did Perry speak about any of this, @Jeff Fletcher?

Moniak, the first overall pick for the Phillies in 2016, will try to find his footing out west. He had just 105 plate appearances over three seasons in the majors, missing out on his best opportunity early this season when he was hit by a pitch and broke his hand on the final day of spring training. Moniak had hit his way onto the roster in camp and would have been in the opening day lineup in center field if not for the injury.

Sanchez was the Phils' 12th-round pick in 2019. He's spent the season at Single A Clearwater.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:50 AM, Deek said:

They received a former number one overall pick... And a high-ceiling single-A outfielder...

They wouldn't have received a #1 overall pick - and certainly not 2 picks, had Syndergaard walked...

So, we lost Thor and a 2nd Round Draft Pick for Thor (2022 DRAFT) for a flailing former #1 pick and a Lower level prospect (below their TOP 30).. I would had tried to re-sign Thor to a 3 year deal. 

My thought process, as the Coaching staff will  be changing and process of looking at his current repertoire shows his 2 seamer loses movement deeper into the game. But, his 4 seamer still remains 94-96mph in the 6th inning. That is just an adjustment of pitch usage and sequencing. Or, something you adjust to only left handed hitters (down and away) after the 5th. There was never much adjustment within his starts and I blame that on the Catchers, Pitching Coach and Pitch Caller.

23 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I wonder how hard we’re going to see the organization try and sell this as “#1 Overall Pick Mickey Moniak!”

According to Google, his whole name is McKenzie Matthew "Micky" Moniak.

So it's more about how many times Rodger Lodge will say all that, plus "#1 overall pick" added to it. And pride of whatever high school he went to.

41 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

The bar is not #1 pick type value. It’s “can he produce what Marsh gave us” because if he can, we got O’Hoppe and Sanchez for Thor. Which everyone would have praised. 

If Moniak is okay enough to be our CF and O’Hoppe turns into an everyday Catcher that hits decent we will all forget about Marsh.