• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A no-hitter, a cycle, a 14 game losing streak, and 20 K's walk into a bar.....

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Not gonna lie, I really thought that might turn the season around and the kick we needed.

I also forgot to mention a star player being put on IR.

I had no hope that the brawl would turn this season around.  This team already seemed together in spirit, but short on talent.  And that was not addressed properly during this past off season.

I also had no hope that firing an experienced manager would turn this season around.  That move was purely emotional by the GM.

37 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I had no hope that the brawl would turn this season around.  This team already seemed together in spirit, but short on talent.  And that was not addressed properly during this past off season.

I also had no hope that firing an experienced manager would turn this season around.  That move was purely emotional by the GM.

I was hoping it might light a fire, ironically, as you mentioned, the same way firing a coach might.

I'm with you and not one of these clowns that are "fire the manager!?" as you are I could coach this team and Trout would still be 0-11 with 9 k's. My first thought is always, "Ok, fire the manager....and then what? Replace him with who?" I atleast get it because something had to be done during the losing streak. 

It's honestly astounding how we have the 8th ranked payroll in the league and one of the worst rosters while having arguably the two best players in the game on the same team.

I hope that Trout can hit a ball hard at least once in the next week or two. This current slump is worrisome. Not only is his swing loopy and all over the place, but he can't seem to catch up to the fastball. Throughout his career he's had this beautiful, compact, and powerful swing, not to mention a great knowledge of the hitting zone. Then it vanished. What the heck is happening?!

Something physically wrong?

9 hours ago, tomsred said:

You spelt decade wrong.

The Astro broadcasters repeated a story about Trout from last season. He was on second and told one of the Astro players he has trouble seeing the ball in their park. For one thing, why tell the opposition? It obviously became part of their scouting report. Astro pitchers mixed locations and had him flailing wildly. And taking good pitches. 

I wonder if vision is a factor overall with his problems. And not just in Houston  He mentioned his posture. Tweaking it could be trying to compensate for not picking up the spin and path of the pitch as well as he had before. 

Whatever the problems, the team is a shambles without him having an elite season. 

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

Not gonna lie, I really thought that might turn the season around and the kick we needed.

I also forgot to mention a star player being put on IR.

I thought it would make the team more fiery. Instead, the whole thing backfired.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I hope that Trout can hit a ball hard at least once in the next week or two. This current slump is worrisome. Not only is his swing loopy and all over the place, but he can't seem to catch up to the fastball. Throughout his career he's had this beautiful, compact, and powerful swing, not to mention a great knowledge of the hitting zone. Then it vanished. What the heck is happening?!

Something physically wrong?

Maybe hitting in the Home Run Deby would be a good thing?