• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon undergoing season ending wrist surgery

mmc

and then other owners and players complain when A's don't spend.  As opposed to what? Wasting money on shitheads like Rendon?  Or pitchers that end up needing to be paid $30M+ for 2 years of tommy john rehab.  I'd pocket that money too.  Baseball is a joke and will be until they have a floor, cap, and non-fully guaranteed contracts.  So basically MLB will always be a joke and for the foreseeable future the Angels will be the punchline.

Lol. Thanks Rendon, I loved watching you play for the Nationals and was really excited for you to come here.  Sucks, I just don't think his body can handle the grind anymore. I don't hate him just very annoyed that another FA signing/big trade has gone belly up for us. Joins the likes of Wells, GMJ, CJ (not horrible), Hamilton, Pujols, Upton (not horrible), ... etc.. whatever... 

Can Ward play 3B? Would be nice to call up Adell and move Ward to 3B if possible. Hope we don't make a reactionary trade and lose some young talent just to fill a hole for a season that is quickly going no where. 

9 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Rendon't has played in 155 of 384 available games with the Angels (40.36%) including what he's missing this season.

My first reaction was: Has he really played in that many games for the Angels?

It's true. I would have lost money on that. 

3 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

and then other owners and players complain when A's don't spend.  As opposed to what? Wasting money on shitheads like Rendon?  Or pitchers that end up needing to be paid $30M+ for 2 years of tommy john rehab.  I'd pocket that money too.  Baseball is a joke and will be until they have a floor, cap, and non-fully guaranteed contracts.  So basically MLB will always be a joke and for the foreseeable future the Angels will be the punchline.

Shouldn’t ignore your in house players though.   The problem with outside the org FAs is that you don’t know how their bodies react to every day play like you do with your own players.

They were right to give Trout his contract.   They should do the same with Ohtani.   But they need going forward to ignore outside the org big money FAs.

The Cardinals have been successful staying away from signing other teams’  big money FAs.

4 minutes ago, RenoHalo said:

What is up with this team and FA busts?? Maybe it's like this with other teams too but....it sure doesn't feel like it.

It’s not just this team and free agency. Not many free agents work out. I’ve said this on another thread, but good teams are built from the ground up. Good drafts, good development, depth upon depth in your farm system. It’s leads to a sustainable, consistent team. 

Free Agency is for desperation!
- A-Rod, Rendon, Pujols, Strasburg, Cano, Bauer, Price, Stanton, Lindor, Tatis (so far), Arenado, Betts (to a certain degree), the list goes on…

23 minutes ago, RenoHalo said:

What is up with this team and FA busts?? Maybe it's like this with other teams too but....it sure doesn't feel like it.

Most big free agent contracts turn out from bad to terrible, which makes me wonder why teams keep doling them out: either they're just stupid, or the economics of it (big star name = more revenue) makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Most big free agent contracts turn out from bad to terrible, which makes me wonder why teams keep doling them out: either they're just stupid, or the economics of it (big star name = more revenue) makes sense.

Maybe Arte will learn that one day?  Heck, he’s already gone 4 for 5 at varying bust levels since Pujols.

Not a stat you want to be 80% at

Edited by Angel Oracle