• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Silent Sea  So a Korean Sci Fi flick.  It's really rough around the edges, and promotes the Korea is great and better than every nation.  It's also an end of the world flick.  It's an interesting story overall.  Just the script or the translation is lacking.  The flow just seems a bit choppy.  Would be worth a watch for a di hard sci fi fan.  Probably a pass for the rest.

The Power of the Dog

This was an interesting film about two joined at the hip rancher brothers in the early part of the 20th century. One is quiet and reserved (Jesse Plemons) and the other is domineering and a total prick (Benedict Cumberbatch). When Plemons character brings home a new wife (Kirsten Dunst) and her strange teenage son the tension starts to build.

Good characters, good writing, very understated and contemplative for those that enjoy those kind of movies.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They already did for new subscribers. Probably just waiting to time things with the next billing cycle for the current subs.

They are probably waiting to see the number of new subscribers they get compared to past months.  If the bottom drops out on new subs, they will probably delay it quite a bit for existing customers.  Because then they'll know the price is too high.  

Haunted Mansion - Disney+

we rolled the dice on this one. Always heard it was bad but we were bored. 

to tell you it was bad wouldn’t be nearly strong enough language. The writing was poor, the plot was unbelievable, the comedy was non-existent, and it was 90 minutes of my life I can’t get back. 

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The Power of the Dog

This was an interesting film about two joined at the hip rancher brothers in the early part of the 20th century. One is quiet and reserved (Jesse Plemons) and the other is domineering and a total prick (Benedict Cumberbatch). When Plemons character brings home a new wife (Kirsten Dunst) and her strange teenage son the tension starts to build.

Good characters, good writing, very understated and contemplative for those that enjoy those kind of movies.

My interest waned once I realised they weren't actually conjoined twins working as ranchers. I'd watch that just to see the horse riding arrangements.

Ray Donovan: The Movie

A must watch for fans of the show as it exposed a lot of the origin story of the series via flashbacks. I'm not a fan of flashbacks, but they were done well. 

Overall, it was pretty good, but nothing great. I'd give it a B. 

EDIT:

@Brandon just saw your other post

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Haunted Mansion - Disney+

we rolled the dice on this one. Always heard it was bad but we were bored. 

to tell you it was bad wouldn’t be nearly strong enough language. The writing was poor, the plot was unbelievable, the comedy was non-existent, and it was 90 minutes of my life I can’t get back. 

I give you all these recommendations, and that is what you land on?  Serves you right not getting the 90 minutes back.

2 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

My interest waned once I realised they weren't actually conjoined twins working as ranchers. I'd watch that just to see the horse riding arrangements.

Ha! I almost edited that out because it read that way, but I’m lazy and couldn’t think of another way to describe them working side by side by day and sleeping in the same room by night.