• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

man of steel 7/10 - decent comic book flick. i understand better via this version why clark was able to hide himself with just a pair of glasses.

the monuments men - 10/10 - i liked everything about this movie, even the music. a great story with a great cast trying to find all the art masterpieces the nazis looted during WWII. bill murray and bob balaban work really well together, and george clooney's voice has a nice edge to it on the voice over parts. would gladly watch it again.

Watched The Imitation Game a couple of hours ago.

Enjoyed it MUCH more than American Sniper.

Love the entire Enigma story so i would have liked a bit more on the actual machine,

but overall a very good movie.

Havent had a chance yet, but very interested in seeing that one. Aounds like a really cool story.

I keep reading people saying sniper wasnt anything special, was kind of suprised it got nominated for so many awards. Ill go see it eventually, but last i checked its review scores werent anything special.

I liked foxcatcher. Very good acting. I love ruffalo, but i dont think he was in it enough to really rate an award. Channing tatum i think should have been nominated over him.

Tank, i really wanted to like monumemts men. Its not a bad movie at all, just didnt hold my attention as much as i though it would. Agreed on murray and the other guy, but just for me, it was kind of too choppy.

Watched The Imitation Game a couple of hours ago.

Enjoyed it MUCH more than American Sniper.  

Love the entire Enigma story so i would have liked a bit more on the actual machine,

but overall a very good movie.

If you like stories regarding the Enigma machine try out Cryptonomicon, the novel by Neal Stephenson. Long book...but it's a great story with cryptology as a primary theme throughout the novel. If you (or anyone else) is interested I can loan it to you if you are a kindle reader.

Whiplash

10/10

It's really freaking great. Simmons is outstanding. I don't quite get why he isn't nominated for a leading role rather than supporting.

I agree. My favorite this year of all the films nominated. I wondered the same thing about Simmons, but I guess because the kid was technically the main character in the story, JK got the supporting actor nom. Either way, if he doesn't win, it's a travesty. 

I agree. My favorite this year of all the films nominated. I wondered the same thing about Simmons, but I guess because the kid was technically the main character in the story, JK got the supporting actor nom. Either way, if he doesn't win, it's a travesty.

Ah, I didn't realize that it worked like that in that there couldn't be shared leads. His role was considerable.

I really disliked that movie and ended up turning it off after a few minutes even though I love mother****ing snakes on a plane Jackson.  

Sounds like I missed a good performance by Matthew M. 

you missed a good movie.  one of the few movies that has done justice to a book,imo

Ah, I didn't realize that it worked like that in that there couldn't be shared leads. His role was considerable.

A lot of it seems to be politics. It's either to put someone in a category they are more likely to win in or to be able to recognize someone in another category where they might not be likely to in another. Or also to put a bigger name in a more prominent category. It's weird

It's the reason why Denzel Washington was nominated for Best Leading Role for Training Day when technically Ethan Hawke was main character.

Also, you could argue JK Simmons played a more prominent role in Whiplash than Steve Carell did in Foxcatcher (Channing Tatum is technically the lead actor), but Simmons got nominated for Supporting whereas Carell got nominated for Lead (thus taking away a potential spot for Jake Gyllenaall in Nightcrawler).

I know he's been around for a long time, but from the early 2000s on, all I remember from him was lame ass chick flicks.

It's a lame term, but yes Killer Joe is one of the movies that started the recent "McConaissance" or whatever the hell they've referred to it as. I kinda of think it started slightly with Lincoln Lawyer in 2011 which was decent, and then kicked into full effect in 2012 when he was in Bernie, Killer Joe, Magic Mike (yes, it's not terrible, and he is pretty great in it). Then finally reaching completely peak in 2013-2014.