• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Spacey's won 2 Oscars, a bunch of other big awards for tv and film, and has gotten as many nominations or more than most great actors of his generation.

He's not underrated in the slightest.

Great, great actor.

He's hilarious in Swimming with Sharks.

I tell someone at least once a week to watch Swimming With Sharks

Finished watching 2 seasons of "Black Mirror". There are only 6 (1 hr) episodes so it's quick watching. The first season was fantastic and the episodes really make you think about the technological world we live in. The basic premise of the series is how technology has affected society and not necessarily for the better. Each episode is a mini-movie of it's own focusing on a specific plot and new set of characters. The only episode I haven't watched yet was the recent christmas special. The series gets very good reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085059/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I was just coming over to this thread to comment on Man in the High Castle. Haven't watched an Amazon series yet (outside of a few episodes of Alpha House) so I was surprised that, I guess you would say, it looked as professional as it did. Overall I thought it was well done. I'm hoping they pick this one up.

Been a long time since I've read the book, so I'll probably need to refresh myself on it before I can comment on the race/nationality tone. From a story perspective, it's pretty unique.

regarding Main in the High Castle, red.  Didn't want to spoil it in case anybody's planning on watching it. 

Maybe that's Amazon trying to figure out where they can go with their shows. Will be interesting to watch if they pick it up, I always like to see Dick's stories explored.

the imitation game - 8/10

fascinating story about how they broke the enigma code in world war 2. 

became a bit agenda heavy at the end.

kept looking at benedict cumberbatch and tried picturing him as james bond, as someone suggested in another thread. couldn't see it.

Finished watching 2 seasons of "Black Mirror". There are only 6 (1 hr) episodes so it's quick watching. The first season was fantastic and the episodes really make you think about the technological world we live in. The basic premise of the series is how technology has affected society and not necessarily for the better. Each episode is a mini-movie of it's own focusing on a specific plot and new set of characters. The only episode I haven't watched yet was the recent christmas special. The series gets very good reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085059/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I agree. Season 1 episode 2 in particular is one best things I've ever seen on television—but the show as a whole is very bleak so I'd advise against binge watching.

The Drop - 3.5/5

Solid slow burning crime flick. Fitting for Gandolfini's last film. Tom Hardy was solid, as well. He's quickly becoming my favorite actor. His range is great. His performance in Locke was awesome. How would've thought a movie about a guy driving in a car on cell phones could be solid.