• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix: Treason

this is a british drama (5 episodes) about a man promoted to leader of MI6 who inherits a mess. lots of good espionage and back-stabbing, even some good old fashioned poisoning. it's a good drama and worth your time. olga k. (can't spell her last name but she was in the 007 movie about oil with daniel craig) is in it.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

Netflix: Treason

this is a british drama (5 episodes) about a man promoted to leader of MI6 who inherits a mess. lots of good espionage and back-stabbing, even some good old fashioned poisoning. it's a good drama and worth your time. olga k. (can't spell her last name but she was in the 007 movie about oil with daniel craig) is in it.

Yeah, she was a dimey dime

desktop-wallpaper-celebrity-olga-kurylen

On 4/20/2023 at 7:37 PM, Redondo said:

Better Call Saul S6

Is out on Netflix 

Just finished it.  I thought this season really solidified the link to BB.  Not that the previous seasons didn't have that link.  But this one really set up BB well.  I really thought this was a very worthy prequel.  

Netflix:  Win the Wilderness  So this is a British Reality show.  Premise is a bunch of couples are put in the wilderness to win a homestead in Alaska.  And by put in the wilderness, it's pretty much glamping in the wilderness.  Even their "survival" sections are little more than what most people would call regular camping.   It's a pretty poor reality show.  Not sure what they were thinking here.  Heck, not even sure why the people would want to leave their wilderness home to a bunch of people that won't last 6 months after winning.

Netflix:  The Last Kingdom Seven Kings Must Die  Funny story.  I saw this title a few times on Netflix.  And it says in big letters Seven Kings Must Die.  And every time I saw it, I read it as Steven King Must Die.  And I was like, that's a weird title, and it doesn't look like a drama.  It wasn't until I looked closer, that I saw it was a The Last Kingdom Seven Kings Must Die.  It's no wonder the optometrist said I was blind.  Anyways, this is a Last Kingdom movie, chronicalling Uhtred.  Definitely a must if you are a Last Kingdom fan, and probably should be towards the top of your watch list.  Defeinitely worth it.

Sisu

Went to see this last night. Really well put together in terms of how it looks, feels, sounds, etc… The story is pretty straightforward and uncomplicated. It’s about killing Nazis, plain and simple. Basically John Wick meets Inglorious Basterds, while looking and feeling like a 60s-era western, all set in 1944 Finland.

Netflix:  Sweet Tooth Season 2  Definitely not for everyone.  An end of the world show.  No zombies in this one.  But it's pretty well done, and you can tell the writers had a multi season storyline plan, as the story keeps unfolding and expanding.  More of a family oriented end of the world show, than adult oriented.  

30 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Sweet Tooth Season 2  Definitely not for everyone.  An end of the world show.  No zombies in this one.  But it's pretty well done, and you can tell the writers had a multi season storyline plan, as the story keeps unfolding and expanding.  More of a family oriented end of the world show, than adult oriented.  

You may already know this, but it's based on a comic book series.

25 minutes ago, Ender said:

Infinity Pool.

Downloaded via the high seas of piracy and added to my Plex server.

I don't even really know where to begin. I think I liked it though? 

This is a movie that my main consulting client released, so thanks for stealing from them...

3 hours ago, Don said:

Sisu

Went to see this last night. Really well put together in terms of how it looks, feels, sounds, etc… The story is pretty straightforward and uncomplicated. It’s about killing Nazis, plain and simple. Basically John Wick meets Inglorious Basterds, while looking and feeling like a 60s-era western, all set in 1944 Finland.

I second this recommendation.  It's a lot of fun to watch with a crowd--and if you can find it playing in Dolby Cinema or something roughly equivalent at non-AMC theaters, it's worth it.  Also, if anyone has any reservations about it being a "foreign" movie, 99% of the dialogue is in English.  There are only a few lines of dialogue in Finnish, near the very end of the movie.

15 minutes ago, T.G. said:

"Champions" on Peacock starring Woody Harreslon.  A feel-good movie that's predictable at times, but I enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it.  The director (Bobby Farrelly) is a good dude. He and his brother have long advocated for including & featuring cast members with challenges & disabilities in movies.  

On 5/1/2023 at 9:51 AM, gotbeer said:

On 5/1/2023 at 10:01 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Glad you enjoyed it.  The director (Bobby Farrelly) is a good dude. He and his brother have long advocated for including & featuring cast members with challenges & disabilities in movies.  

So that's why they cast Randy Quaid in Kingpin.

On 5/4/2021 at 6:14 AM, T.G. said:

I am liking Apple TV’s Mosquito Coast. It’s keeps me guessing. Justine Theroux and Melissa George star.

It’s about a radical idealist who uproots his family for Mexico after they find themselves on the run from the US government. It’s probably a preview of @Taylor’s future life.

Not top 5, but good.

Anyone else watching?

Finally finished this show on Apple TV.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I enjoyed it at first, but I came to really not like any of the characters very much.  Justin Theroux's character was easy to dislike. The show was cancelled after two seasons.  Sort of a bummer because it ends with sort of a cliff hanger.  There is a little chatter that it could get picked up by another network... but nothing appears imminent.  I'm guessing the show has run its course.

Anyone else watch it?

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

Finally finished this show on Apple TV.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I enjoyed it at first, but I came to really not like any of the characters very much.  Justin Theroux's character was easy to dislike. The show was cancelled after two seasons.  Sort of a bummer because it ends with sort of a cliff hanger.  There is a little chatter that it could get picked up by another network... but nothing appears imminent.  I'm guessing the show has run its course.

Anyone else watch it?

I thought the first season was ok, but I bailed pretty early into the second season.

Since I did this on Sweet Tooth, I'll ask: were you aware that it was based on a novel?  Justin Theroux's uncle wrote it.