• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Punisher Season 2.  It was dark and bloody.  I liked the characters Punisher, Preacher and Jigsaw.  I just don't think they were executed well.  It's like they were juggling between the two villains, and at times the characters were totally lost.  Preacher especially, could have been so much better.  But his arc got interesting, then they like totally lost focus.  Jigsaw should have been the entire series.  Overall the writing was just poor.  And the cameo of Karen Page was just plain stupid.  It was an enjoyable series, but it's probably because I like the character and genre.  

Below Deck, Luxury Yacht Reality show on Bravo.  The crew interaction is kind of over the top.  Some of the guest are a bit much as well.  The ship is beautiful and the views of Tahiti are fantastic.  Drinking, bitching, hooking up, and run-away jet skies.

And usually the crew tips are around 2K per.  Not bad for 48 hours of "work".

5 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Below Deck, Luxury Yacht Reality show on Bravo.  The crew interaction is kind of over the top.  Some of the guest are a bit much as well.  The ship is beautiful and the views of Tahiti are fantastic.  Drinking, bitching, hooking up, and run-away jet skies.

And usually the crew tips are around 2K per.  Not bad for 48 hours of "work".

My wife likes this show. That captain is a saint for putting up with all those incompetent 20-somethings who probably get hired by the producers.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

My wife likes this show. That captain is a saint for putting up with all those incompetent 20-somethings who probably get hired by the producers.

They are absolutely vetted, screened and hired by the production company. So are the "clients." Nothing can air these days without contracts for every face you see. That includes random tourists or shopkerpers, bartenders, kids playing kickball in the streets and any recognizeable beach goers. 

4 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Started with the first two episodes of Medici: The Magnificent today. Okay so far. Still figuring out who is who as everything has jumped forward two generations from the original.

haha, so true. Episode 1 should have been called "Who the hell is that?"

Gambler's Ballad: The Legend of Johnny Thompson 

On Showtime.  The subject is a magic trick that Johnny Thompson, The Great Tomsoni has performed as part of his act as a closing.  In this special, the trick is performed with Penn Jillette.

Really interesting if you are a fan of magic.

Edited by Slegnaac

Just started watching Mr. Robot. I'm three episodes in.

Spoiler

No one tell me if I'm right, but I'm about 90% sure there's going to be a Fight Club twist where Mr. Robot is in Elliot's imagination.

It's really good so far. I dig the acting and the overall atmosphere of the show. 

14 hours ago, Taylor said:

Just started watching Mr. Robot. I'm three episodes in.

Reveal hidden contents

No one tell me if I'm right, but I'm about 90% sure there's going to be a Fight Club twist where Mr. Robot is in Elliot's imagination.

It's really good so far. I dig the acting and the overall atmosphere of the show. 

I enjoyed this show for the first 2 seasons and then lost interest somewhere in season 3. I liked Malek from "The Pacific" and wondered when he would show up on something else. Mr Robot was that something else ..of course he's a household name now

17 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I enjoyed this show for the first 2 seasons and then lost interest somewhere in season 3. I liked Malek from "The Pacific" and wondered when he would show up on something else. Mr Robot was that something else ..of course he's a household name now

Season 3 was great. 

Netflix:  Conversation with a Killer:  The Ted Bundy Tapes.  I was just a wee lad when this happened.  But damn.  What a psycho.  I thought they also did a good job in putting context of what the po po were facing at the time.  I thought it was a good view of what the criminal justice system was like back then in the 70's.  Overall, if you like real life crime history, this one is pretty good.  That they actually mixed it with a lot of footage and even had recordings of Bundy made it kind of chilling.