• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How good is Trout's start, relative to previous seasons?

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well, I admit it does seem to happen more often than not. If anything mystical is happening, it is far more likely that I'm subconsciously tapping into the quantum field and pre-cognizing a dip in performance, which inspires me to try to shift reality for the better. In other words, I'm not causing anything to happen, but my posts can be used like a divinatory system - like tarot or Nordic runes.

That said, I probably should stop sacrificing virginal farm animals.

Saturday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, don't stop what you're doing, obviously. You are creating content and generating traffic because a lot of people enjoy reading what you write. 

It's just fun to tease you about it.

I know. And this is almost gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), in a "just the tip, just for a little while" sorta way.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well, I admit it does seem to happen more often than not. If anything mystical is happening, it is far more likely that I'm subconsciously tapping into the quantum field and pre-cognizing a dip in performance, which inspires me to try to shift reality for the better. In other words, I'm not causing anything to happen, but my posts can be used like a divinatory system - like tarot or Nordic runes.

That said, I probably should stop sacrificing virginal farm animals.

The actual reason this seems to happen to you is because you tend to highlight unsustainable trends in performance. It's your timing that's amazing. A player can only play above his true talent level so long before he reaches the AJ level and gets a thread. It seems that the AJ level somehow aligns with the true high water mark in outlier performance.

In other words I think you should start making threads about just how bad some guys are playing.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The actual reason this seems to happen to you is because you tend to highlight unsustainable trends in performance. It's your timing that's amazing. A player can only play above his true talent level so long before he reaches the AJ level and gets a thread. It seems that the AJ level somehow aligns with the true high water mark in outlier performance.

In other words I think you should start making threads about just how bad some guys are playing.

Interesting theory - one that I think is partially valid, although am not as sure it is a "tendency" as just a relatively frequent occurrence, due to the nature of my threads.

I was dabbling with an idea to look at Trout's slumps and bad games, and see how they line up over the years.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

@Chuckster70 will be reprimanding all of you for having a little fun with AJ.  This is not the culture Chuck wants to "cultivate."

AJ is not a jinx. He’s writes good stuff here (even though he was a jerk yesterday), and while it was fun making him a scapegoat for a while, we should drop the joke.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

The Angels are 3-14 since AJ's "24-13" thread.

We all know he's not "jinxing" anything but holy shit his timing is so fucking bad lmao

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that he might actually be jinxing? I mean, it's gotta be one of the more likely explanations at this point.

creepshow voodoo doll GIF