• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor WARd

12 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It embodied everything that was Jerry Dipoto: He was the "smartest guy in the room". Ward was quite the overreach for a 1st round pick, but JerBear thought he knew something everyone else didn't. Just like he did with Baldoquin.

Ward's current success has nothing to do with Dipoto. It was started when Eppler moved him off the catcher's position so Ward could focus on hitting.

this a million times over.  this was all development process.  He stopped catching in 2018 which is when his offense took off.  He still had a bit of long swing then but started making adjustments the major of which came in 2020.  Trouble with pitches up in the zone and inside.  The impressive thing to me is that he was able to adjust without losing ground in other areas.  In fact, his swing change may have actually improve those other areas like his oppo power.  He was actually always really good at going where with the pitch so to speak.  I was high on him because I thought he could hit.  It was clear he had plate discipline and cold hit for average but the big surprise to me is the power.  And to both sides of the plate.  That was unpredictable.  

2 minutes ago, failos said:

He did some good stuff. Lots of bad stuff, too

pretty damn bad at FA's for the major league club.  It was his downfall.  Can't begin to sing his praises for rebuilding the minor league and development infrastructure.  Both domestic and international.  And the rapport he built.  Which means we have to give props to Perry for the major league scouting network he added.  Alex Tamin ladies and gents.  We're gonna lose him to a GM position real soon and it's gonna suck.  Hopefully we recognize his value and maybe even elevate Perry to VP of ops and keep Tamin as GM.  

And to sing Eppler's praises again, he built an infrastructure and Perry has been able to tweak it here and there instead of having to start over which is what Eppler was asked to do.  I'm not sure people appreciate the level of scorched earth that Dipoto left and what Eppler was tasked with doing.  There is no way they're where they're at without what he did.  

Do you feel at least halfway bullish about where this franchise is at on a go forward?  That's because of Billy Eppler and what he did.  Minasian has been pretty solid on adding whip cream and cherries to the sundae.  If they had doubled down on Jerry and his 'vision', we'd be looking at epic catastrophe.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

pretty damn bad at FA's for the major league club.  It was his downfall.  Can't begin to sing his praises for rebuilding the minor league and development infrastructure.  Both domestic and international.  And the rapport he built.  Which means we have to give props to Perry for the major league scouting network he added.  Alex Tamin ladies and gents.  We're gonna lose him to a GM position real soon and it's gonna suck.  Hopefully we recognize his value and maybe even elevate Perry to VP of ops and keep Tamin as GM.  

And to sing Eppler's praises again, he built an infrastructure and Perry has been able to tweak it here and there instead of having to start over which is what Eppler was asked to do.  I'm not sure people appreciate the level of scorched earth that Dipoto left and what Eppler was tasked with doing.  There is no way they're where they're at without what he did.  

Do you feel at least halfway bullish about where this franchise is at on a go forward?  That's because of Billy Eppler and what he did.  Minasian has been pretty solid on adding whip cream and cherries to the sundae.  If they had doubled down on Jerry and his 'vision', we'd be looking at epic catastrophe.  

Agreed.

Eppler is great at forming relationships—he did everything right when it came to signing Ohtani.

I also think that’s a big reason WMA signed him as an agent before he jumped to the Mets

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

This. I really hope we are considering something like this.

12 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

This. I really hope we are considering something like this.

I'm hoping Tamin will fly under the radar for now and that we can promote him / restructure the front office before another team is tempted to hire him.

That said, if Tamin finds his way onto other teams' radars, it likely is because we had a fantastic year.  That's the cost of success - other teams start trying to poach your front office. 

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

I'm hoping Tamin will fly under the radar for now and that we can promote him / restructure the front office before another team is tempted to hire him.

That said, if Tamin finds his way onto other teams' radars, it likely is because we had a fantastic year.  That's the cost of success - other teams start trying to poach your front office. 

@Dochalo really needs to stop talking about him.