• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

At what point does Adell get sent down?

mmc

12 minutes ago, eligrba said:

If the Angels believe they are a playoff team, Adell is not ready to play at the major league level. I don't understand why the Angels continue to play Adell when he demonstrates he can't play average defense every game. 

I think they are hoping that he develops into the guy they thought they had. It was just two or so seasons ago that it was a non starter if his name was mentioned in a trade. 

If we aim to be a playoff team(Which I do believe is the goal) then someone subpar like Adell should not be getting as much playing time as he does. That simple for me. I don't trust him at all out there, dude looks scared to death every time something comes his way and this is the MLB not Little League; we can't keep giving him chances in the hope that he gains confidence.

1 minute ago, Barf said:

If we aim to be a playoff team(Which I do believe is the goal) then someone subpar like Adell should not be getting as much playing time as he does. That simple for me. I don't trust him at all out there, dude looks scared to death every time something comes his way and this is the MLB not Little League; we can't keep giving him chances in the hope that he gains confidence.

I'm with you on this 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sorry guys but just about every single playoff team has sub par players. Especially in May. Also he isn’t bad offensively, he’s basically league average and that’s with being a young guy getting sporadic at bats. 

There is always a chance that he puts it together and starts producing but so far it seems he isn't likely to become the player they thought they had. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

There is always a chance that he puts it together and starts producing but so far it seems he isn't likely to become the player they thought they had. 

I think he will be a very good offensive player who is poor defensively. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Sorry guys but just about every single playoff team has sub par players. Especially in May. Also he isn’t bad offensively, he’s basically league average and that’s with being a young guy getting sporadic at bats. 

If he was playing good defense I don't think the torches would be out. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I mean I’m more concerned about what it’s doing for his own development more than anything.  He should be playing every day in AAA, and once we get an injury he can come up and be an every day player

41 minutes ago, mmc said:

I mean I’m more concerned about what it’s doing for his own development more than anything.  He should be playing every day in AAA, and once we get an injury he can come up and be an every day player

I agree with this. I’d also like to see if his good defense in RF last year is real or sample size fluke stuff. 

But to answer your original question @mmc, when we have a suitable replacement as a 4th outfielder is when he goes down. 
I was on the side of saying releasing Upton was a mistake because of things like this. I only wanted Upton on the team in a 4th outfielder role and nothing else. To me a suitable replacement isn’t a middle infielder getting reps in the outfield.  I don’t want to look out there and we Wong or Rengifo or even Wade.  Now if we decides that Fletcher was our utility guy/4th outfielder then I might be persuaded to be ok with that. But more because I think until Fletcher proves otherwise he’s a glove only guy and that makes him a valuable utility player. 

Lets not forget, the kids still only what, 23?  
Hes a year younger than Marsh so it isnt shocking Marsh might be a little more developed.
Offensively hes ready, but could still use some works based on K rate, but he really needs to work on the glove.
Sitting the bench isnt helping him. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But to answer your original question @mmc, when we have a suitable replacement as a 4th outfielder is when he goes down. 
I was on the side of saying releasing Upton was a mistake because of things like this. I only wanted Upton on the team in a 4th outfielder role and nothing else. To me a suitable replacement isn’t a middle infielder getting reps in the outfield.  I don’t want to look out there and we Wong or Rengifo or even Wade.  Now if we decides that Fletcher was our utility guy/4th outfielder then I might be persuaded to be ok with that. But more because I think until Fletcher proves otherwise he’s a glove only guy and that makes him a valuable utility player. 

Sierra is a fine 4OF to me but I understand that most probably just prefer Adell in that role

I honestly wonder if a position change would help him. The vast majority of his OF issues involve tracking/reacting to fly balls. Makes me wonder if he might end up being more passable defensively somewhere on the infield. Or if his offense improves significantly, he could just be a fulltime DH. He's getting dangerously close to bust status if this stuff doesn't get figured out though.

4 minutes ago, Don said:

I honestly wonder if a position change would help him. The vast majority of his OF issues involve tracking/reacting to fly balls. Makes me wonder if he might end up being more passable defensively somewhere on the infield. Or if his offense improves significantly, he could just be a fulltime DH. He's getting dangerously close to bust status if this stuff doesn't get figured out though.

Then do what with Ohtani?