• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The 2022 Official Light The FAILos Thread

34 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Sooo, bad GM hire #5 in a row incoming by Weekend at Arte’s?

I stand by what I’ve heard rumors of, that NO REAL GM candidate wants to work under him.

One bad GM hire after another isn’t just a coincidence.

How many still want him owning the team?

you might want to check in on eppler in NY, he seems to be a real gm over there. it's so weird. unexplainable.

1 hour ago, NrM said:

All our reporters have no backbone. Every fucking year we stink and they would rather gargle arte's balls than to call out what a disgrace of an organization we are. 

Imagine if this was the Yankees or Dodgers.

What should they be asking?

3 hours ago, NrM said:

All our reporters have no backbone. Every fucking year we stink and they would rather gargle arte's balls than to call out what a disgrace of an organization we are. 

Imagine if this was the Yankees or Dodgers.

Every single reporter mentions how we haven’t made the playoffs in 7 years while having Trout and recently Ohtani.  Every single reporter mentions finishing under .500 for x amount of years in a row with high payroll and those two.  Every reporter mentions our lack of pitching and lack of free agent pitching signings.  Every reporter reported on Skaggs and on the Stadium sale.  They all mention Albert and Hamilton and Upton and Wells. They’ve all reported this.  

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Every single reporter mentions how we haven’t made the playoffs in 7 years while having Trout and recently Ohtani.  Every single reporter mentions finishing under .500 for x amount of years in a row with high payroll and those two.  Every reporter mentions our lack of pitching and lack of free agent pitching signings.  Every reporter reported on Skaggs and on the Stadium sale.  They all mention Albert and Hamilton and Upton and Wells. They’ve all reported this.  

agreed. i think the cognitive disconnect for some is they expect the angels to be covered like the yankees, dodgers, etc. as a sign of journalistic integrity, but the fact is the angels just don't matter to the media enough to be covered in that way. the angels are easily dismissed. they don't matter because they don't do anything that matters. when people think of the angels they think of trout and ohtani not being in the post season. i don't think it's their fault for thinking that way when the angels haven't done anything other than that.

23 minutes ago, ukyah said:

agreed. i think the cognitive disconnect for some is they expect the angels to be covered like the yankees, dodgers, etc. as a sign of journalistic integrity, but the fact is the angels just don't matter to the media enough to be covered in that way. the angels are easily dismissed. they don't matter because they don't do anything that matters. when people think of the angels they think of trout and ohtani not being in the post season. i don't think it's their fault for thinking that way when the angels haven't done anything other than that.

It’s almost like fans want reporters to act like the voice of the fans, that isn’t what they are nor should they be.  Their job is to report the information and to ask the tough questions.  We have some that ask those questions, but the bottom line is they aren’t going to get the answer that pleases anyone that wants those tough questions asked.  Then you put yourself in the shoes of the reporter, if they were the voice of the fan and continued going after people asking question after question looking for the answer they are never going to get, that would result in a bad relationship between the reporter and the team. How does that benefit the reporter or the outlet they work for?  

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m still floored that Trout spotted the pitch tipping from CF and apparently none of the coaches saw anything.  

I’m not surprised. I’m also not concerned.

I have different expectations. I don’t expect bunts to be executed properly every time or that the outfielders are going to hit the cut off man every time. Stuff happens. Mistakes are made. Things get missed. 

Edited by True Grich

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I’m not surprised. I’m also not concerned.

I have different expectations. I don’t expect bunts to be executed properly every time or that the outfielders are going to hit the cut off man every time. Stuff happens. Mistakes are made. Things get missed. 

I think the issue is that a ton of shit gets missed. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s almost like fans want reporters to act like the voice of the fans, that isn’t what they are nor should they be.  Their job is to report the information and to ask the tough questions.  We have some that ask those questions, but the bottom line is they aren’t going to get the answer that pleases anyone that wants those tough questions asked.  Then you put yourself in the shoes of the reporter, if they were the voice of the fan and continued going after people asking question after question looking for the answer they are never going to get, that would result in a bad relationship between the reporter and the team. How does that benefit the reporter or the outlet they work for?  

also, beat writers aren't investigative journalists. they're not one hitter quitters on their subject. they have to think about long term access to these players, execs and owners. hard line scorched earth questioning isn't going to keep you in the loop, and if you're out of the loop, then you're out of a job.

look at jeff fletcher as a local example. he's not a fan of the team. he's not particularly invested in their success. i'm sure it's more fun/interesting to write about a winning team/organization. he's not going to hold arte's feet to the fire and demand answers. he's going to write about the issues at hand with an even mannered approach to ensure a good story while allowing for continued access. i'd bet he's very thankful to get to write about ohtani from an insider's perspective. i'd also bet that's what has kept him here for a bit longer than his predecessors.

6 hours ago, ukyah said:

look at jeff fletcher as a local example. he's not a fan of the team. he's not particularly invested in their success. i'm sure it's more fun/interesting to write about a winning team/organization. he's not going to hold arte's feet to the fire and demand answers. he's going to write about the issues at hand with an even mannered approach to ensure a good story while allowing for continued access. i'd bet he's very thankful to get to write about ohtani from an insider's perspective. i'd also bet that's what has kept him here for a bit longer than his predecessors.

Nothing against that approach, but it's just not something that interests me.