• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fearless Predictions: 2022 Edition

22 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Anyhow, it will be interesting to see Vlad and Soto vie for the best hitter of the 2020s, in a similar way that Acuna and Tatis vie for best overall player. Franco being the wildcard in both "contests."

Prediction: all of those players will be little more than footnotes in the Shohei Ohtani story of the 2020's.

1 minute ago, WicketMaiden said:

Prediction: all of those players will be little more than footnotes in the Shohei Ohtani story of the 2020's.

If he can stay healthy and doesn't decline early, then yes. But I'm also accounting for age (with their age for 22-29, and their 2020s WAR so far):

Franco 21-28 (2.5)

Tatis 23-30 (9.0)

Vlad 23-30 (6.9)

Soto 23-30 (9.1)

Acuna 24-31 (6.6)

Ohtani 27-34 (8.1)

Trout 30-37 (4.8)

26 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

If he can stay healthy and doesn't decline early, then yes. But I'm also accounting for age (with their age for 22-29, and their 2020s WAR so far):

Franco 21-28 (2.5)

Tatis 23-30 (9.0)

Vlad 23-30 (6.9)

Soto 23-30 (9.1)

Acuna 24-31 (6.6)

Ohtani 27-34 (8.1)

Trout 30-37 (4.8)

I think WAR is a poor metric for gauging Ohtani's actual impact and value. He'll be the star, they'll be the footnotes his story is built around, and as a DH and elite starting pitcher, 27 to 34 are probably the prime years. 

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Former Angel pitcher of the year signs back with halos. Yosmeiro Petit has big role in playoffs and World Series.                                                                                                                 Hubs admits I was right about Jose Rojas making halo roster.                                                                                                                                                                                                      Grich takes me off ignore                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         After halos get off to bad start Maddon is fired and Mike Scioscia returns as manager.                                                                                                                                                    After all star game I get new pillow for my couch and get ready for playoff push.                                                                                                                                                                    One of my predictions do not come true and I leave AW forever. Few are happy but most ask that I come back

I hope the last one comes true, but then, only the first part.

1. Othani regresses but still ends the year with a 6.5  War and signs an extension 

2. Trout finishes Win the MVP  with an 8.2 War season 

3. Regression can be seen with Rendon, finish the year around 270, 20hrs and 85 RBI

4. Walsh has a similar year to 21

5. Suarez is our inning eater, 167 innings with a 3.88 Era

6. Sandy is our best non two0way starter; 148 innings and 3.48 ERA

7. Iggy is an All-star, but Loop shows big regression 

8. Wade Suprises people and puts up a 1.5 War season, and leads the team in steals with 24

9. Adell breaks out, with 30 hrs and 260 Average

10. Upton has a nice rebound season, 244 27hrs and 100, RBi 

11. Detmers is in the rotation mid-season and leads the team to the playoffs

12. Thor, has mix results in the 1st half, but strong results in the second half: 125 innings, and 3.75 ERA. But under 3.50 ERA in the second half. 

13. Barria replications his 2018 years, but get traded

14. Bachman has a big year, and is a top 20 prospect in the game. But gets traded alongside Barria and another big prospect for a TOR Arm. 

18 hours ago, Hubs said:

I've never seen someone so disparaged after one injured season. I know it looks like he missed a lot of games twice in a row, but in 2020, he played almost 90% of games and was on pace for a 6 WAR season. 

Hopefully he comes back and puts up 5-7 WAR!

The halos need him to comeback and I think he will. Patience for him and Trout to start season because of time missed last year and a short spring this year. Angel history of long term deals that have not worked out and 6 losing seasons fans get frustrated. 

1. Patrick Sandoval EASILY leads Angels starters in Wins, Innings... and FIP. 
  2. Angels trade for Frankie Montas in late May.
  3. Jared Walsh hits 40 homers...  good for third on the Angels.
  4. Taylor Ward has 450 plate appearances ... and finishes with a delightfully solid .270/.340/.470. 
  5. Jo Adell will overcome one AWFUL month to finish with .265/.320/.490 with 25 home runs.
  6. Bonus: Anthony Rendon slashes .290/.420/.450. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, HanfordGuy said:

1) Halos trade for Dansby Swanson.

2) Noah wins 16 games.

3) Trout and Rendon both play in 154 games each.

4) Upton hits .270, 79 R, 22 HR, 88 RBI.

5) Raisel finishes 3rd in the AL Cy Young.

Hanford, if this happens, how many games will the Angels win?

20 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

1. Othani regresses but still ends the year with a 6.5  War and signs an extension 

2. Trout finishes Win the MVP  with an 8.2 War season 

3. Regression can be seen with Rendon, finish the year around 270, 20hrs and 85 RBI

4. Walsh has a similar year to 21

5. Suarez is our inning eater, 167 innings with a 3.88 Era

6. Sandy is our best non two0way starter; 148 innings and 3.48 ERA

7. Iggy is an All-star, but Loop shows big regression 

8. Wade Suprises people and puts up a 1.5 War season, and leads the team in steals with 24

9. Adell breaks out, with 30 hrs and 260 Average

10. Upton has a nice rebound season, 244 27hrs and 100, RBi 

11. Detmers is in the rotation mid-season and leads the team to the playoffs

12. Thor, has mix results in the 1st half, but strong results in the second half: 125 innings, and 3.75 ERA. But under 3.50 ERA in the second half. 

13. Barria replications his 2018 years, but get traded

14. Bachman has a big year, and is a top 20 prospect in the game. But gets traded alongside Barria and another big prospect for a TOR Arm. 

#14 - Who do you have in mind that we receive from Toronto?

22 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:
  1. Patrick Sandoval EASILY leads Angels starters in Wins, Innings... and FIP. 
  2. Angels trade for Frankie Montas in late May.
  3. Jared Walsh hits 40 homers...  good for third on the Angels.
  4. Taylor Ward has 450 plate appearances ... and finishes with a delightfully solid .270/.340/.470. 
  5. Jo Adell will overcome one AWFUL month to finish with .265/.320/.490 with 25 home runs.
  6. Bonus: Anthony Rendon slashes .290/.420/.450. 

1. Can see this.

2. Uh, ok. I don't think we'll need another pitcher if Detmers, Sandoval, and Ohtani pitch well and stay healthy. If Lorenzen or Suarez falter, maybe they move to the pen, and Montas takes their spot. Syndergaard is the wild card, cuz if he pitches well...Montas was great in 2019 and 2021, faltered in 2020, and hasn't looked good this spring FWIW. IF he's pitching well, he's gonna cost a lot, and if not, why would they want him?

3. Nice

4. Agree with this, though last season he did .332 / .438 so I would not be surprised by this at all, I actually think he might manage .350-.357 / .490, for a very impressive 500 PA.

5. Nothing wrong with this for a player like Adell, though I'd bet .310 and a .500 slg pct if he tops .800 OPS.

6. Love this. Again, slugging probably higher if he hits .290 with a .420 OBP. He was at .286/.418/.497 in 2020, and in 2019 .319/.412/.598. I don't think he'll be back to a close to .600 SLG, but north of .500 if he's getting on base at 42%

Just now, Hubs said:

1. Can see this.

2. Uh, ok. I don't think we'll need another pitcher if Detmers, Sandoval, and Ohtani pitch well and stay healthy. If Lorenzen or Suarez falter, maybe they move to the pen, and Montas takes their spot. Syndergaard is the wild card, cuz if he pitches well...Montas was great in 2019 and 2021, faltered in 2020, and hasn't looked good this spring FWIW. IF he's pitching well, he's gonna cost a lot, and if not, why would they want him?

3. Nice

4. Agree with this, though last season he did .332 / .438 so I would not be surprised by this at all, I actually think he might manage .350-.357 / .490, for a very impressive 500 PA.

5. Nothing wrong with this for a player like Adell, though I'd bet .310 and a .500 slg pct if he tops .800 OPS.

6. Love this. Again, slugging probably higher if he hits .290 with a .420 OBP. He was at .286/.418/.497 in 2020, and in 2019 .319/.412/.598. I don't think he'll be back to a close to .600 SLG, but north of .500 if he's getting on base at 42%

Also if this happens...

7. Angels win division, AL pennant, and maybe WS.