• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New SCOTUS justice incoming

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This pick is already going to be stupid because there was no reason for him to announce a while back that he’s going to nominate a black woman, no matter what. Just keep your mouth shut and then nominate the black woman when it comes time. For that to be the main qualifications just shows how little respect they have for the position

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

Could Kamala cast tie-breaking vote to make HERSELF Biden's SCOTUS justice?

Some are speculating that Biden could nominate Kamala Harris to become the first Black female Supreme Court justice, after making history as the first female vice president.

Senate procedure experts say it is possible for Biden to nominate Harris to the Supreme Court — and for Harris to vote in her favor. The Senate is evenly split at 50-50, and Harris could conceivably cast the tie-breaking vote on her confirmation to the highest court of the United States. 

In the unlikely scenario that Harris is Biden's choice, the Senate and the House would also have to confirm a new vice president. The 25th Amendment says that whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the vice president, the president shall nominate a vice president who will need to be confirmed by a majority vote of both chambers.

Without a vice president in office, the next person in the line of succession to the presidency is Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Nancy VP? Yikes!

Pelosi wouldn’t actually be VP. She’d just be next in the line of succession in case Biden kicks the can since the VP office would be vacant in this scenario.

Kamala won't be casting the tie-breaking vote because there won't be any tie-breaker. Biden's choice will get at least 65 votes. Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Graham, and some other squishy Republicans will join the Democrats.

A black woman will not face united GOP opposition. They wouldn't dare in this highly charged racial-identity atmosphere. They'd get killed in the media and in public opinion. Midterms, remember? GOP has about 23 senators up for reelection this year.

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Kamala won't be casting the tie-breaking vote because there won't be any tie-breaker. Biden's choice will get at least 65 votes. Collins, Murkowski, Romney, Graham, and some other squishy Republicans will join the Democrats.

A black woman will not face united GOP opposition. They wouldn't dare in this highly charged racial-identity atmosphere. They'd get killed in the media and in public opinion. Midterms, remember? GOP has about 23 senators up for reelection this year.

The Republicans that vote no on his nominee will be deemed racist for doing so and that will be used against them in the midterm races. I suspect it will be higher than 65 votes for that reason alone 

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

GOP could go the race card and turn it on the Dems.  There are no Asians on the Supreme Court, and only one Hispanic.  To automatically give it to a black, who has as much population percentage as Asians, and much less than Hispanics, to me is quite wrong.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Republicans that vote no on his nominee will be deemed racist for doing so and that will be used against them in the midterm races. I suspect it will be higher than 65 votes for that reason alone 

Good point. Maybe 92 votes or more.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg sailed through with a vote of 96-3.

Interesting that the very conservative Scalia had a perfect 98-0 vote back in 1986. Different country, different times.

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Good point. Maybe 92 votes or more.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg sailed through with a vote of 96-3.

Interesting that the very conservative Scalia had a perfect 98-0 vote back in 1986. Different country, different times.

It won't be that high but the Republicans know that control of congress is theirs to lose at this point so it will be interesting to see how that impacts this. Yeah, things are definitely different now  

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

It won't be that high but the Republicans know that control of congress is theirs to lose at this point so it will be interesting to see how that impacts this. Yeah, things are definitely different now  

Don't underestimate the ability of either side to completely fuck up what should be a lay up, especially the reps. 

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

GOP could go the race card and turn it on the Dems.  There are no Asians on the Supreme Court, and only one Hispanic.  To automatically give it to a black, who has as much population percentage as Asians, and much less than Hispanics, to me is quite wrong.

what's most bothersome to me is the idea of looking for the outward qualities of a person, like their color or race. what i want to hear from anyone in biden's position is how they're going to look for the person most qualified for the job. that matters to me infinitely more than the outward appearance.

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

My friend and I were talking today about how Ted Danson banged Whoopi Goldberg. We just couldn’t wrap our minds around it. Baffling. 

She may perform rather well. Just shut the lights off and it may not be so bad