• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

What is the Development list?

This is the only thing I could find:

https://www.thecubreporter.com/development-list-minor-leagues-only

It is weird, because it either means Junk needs "conditioning and/or development" or he's being...loaned to another club?

So either he's fat, or he's being traded and someone wants to try out the goods first.

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is weird, because it either means Junk needs "conditioning and/or development" or he's being...loaned to another club?

So either he's fat, or he's being traded and someone wants to try out the goods first.

Tweaking with his pitch mix?

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe @Jeff Fletchercan find out why Junk's on the development list and what he's doing?

My guess would be that he's at the Angels complex in Arizona working with the pitching coordinators. But I'm not sure why he'd need to do that since he had two decent AAA starts before being put on the development list and is on the Angels immediate SP depth chart.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

After reading that explanation, i wonder if he is hurt or the move is disciplinary.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:16 PM, Angel Oracle said:

How soon before Cabbage is promoted to AAA?

What is his defense like?

While he’s crushing it, his K rate is at 36.5%, which is really bad and suggests he’ll get eaten alive by MLB pitching.  I would imagine they are working with him to help improve his contact rates.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:06 PM, Trendon said:

Maybe @Jeff Fletchercan find out why Junk's on the development list and what he's doing?

My guess would be that he's at the Angels complex in Arizona working with the pitching coordinators. But I'm not sure why he'd need to do that since he had two decent AAA starts before being put on the development list and is on the Angels immediate SP depth chart.

I think you are correct from what I have read. I’ve seen other teams do something akin to this - players going back to complex ball to work on something specifically.  Who knows what it is that they are trying to work with him on.

Bold prediction, I believe at least six of the twenty pitchers we selected last year, will be major leaguers. I believe three or four specifically will be pitchers of significance too. 

If you get three or four major league regulars in your first twenty picks of any draft, that's a pretty solid ratio. In the Angels case, if you get a couple rotation members and a couple late inning relievers from a single draft, I'll take that. 

I think the 2021 draft will prove to be a fruitful one for the Angels system and will reflect positively upon Minasian, even if Eppler was responsible for some of it. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Hanley was the guy from Div-Eleventy (D3), baseball with the huge FB and TJ surgery.   I think the other guy drives a submarine.

This may not be as funny to most as it was to me, but  for some reason I can't stop laughing about it. 

then I got a pic of captain barnacles in my head and really couldn't stop laughing.