• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Projected 28-Man Roster (Updated 4/6)

Angelsjunky

5 hours ago, Trendon said:

@Jeff Fletcherdo you think Adell is a lock for the Opening Day Roster despite Maddon's quotes last week in your article about Adell?

I think he is. Maddon just said he isn’t ready to be an everyday player, not that he won’t make the team.

I think they’ll start the season with Adell, Ward and Upton somehow rotating through the 2 corner OF spots. (I have no idea how since they’re all RHHs.) Then they’ll wait and see how they do. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think he is. Maddon just said he isn’t ready to be an everyday player, not that he won’t make the team.

I think they’ll start the season with Adell, Ward and Upton somehow rotating through the 2 corner OF spots. (I have no idea how since they’re all RHHs.) Then they’ll wait and see how they do. 

Does Jose Rojas make 28 man roster?

Well, Detmers as #6 is one more question answered. Well, 1 1/2, as Barria almost certainly will be in the pen.

By my accounting, that's 25 probable/locks (dark red) with 3 spots remaining. 1 is definitely an infielder, with Royas, Mayfield, and Stefanic still in contention. The others will either be 1 outfielder (Marsh) and 1 reliever, or 2 relievers.

A few days ago it seemed like the infielder would be Mayfield, but then there was the Rojas comment by Maddon. But I think Stefanic is a darkhorse--yes, he's not on the 40-man and has full options, but he's killing the ball.

And then the big Marsh question. His line looks really good, but there's that horrible BB-K rate. I kind of wish they just go for it and have a five-man outfield and let them play it out. 

9 relievers is enough, but i suspect they'll go with 10 and start Marsh in AAA.

• Angelsjunky changed the title to Projected 28-Man Roster (Updated 4/1)
24 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

So he's platooning them but ignoring the fact that Wade actually hit better against LHP last season and Duffy hit better vs RHP last season. Cool

Also, not sure why Mayfield is making the team either

Mayfield makes team because he is a captain

• Angelsjunky changed the title to Projected 28-Man Roster (Updated 4/2)
25 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Updated (or should I say, Uptondated?). Upton gone, Marsh and Mayfield locks.

That makes 26. Now it really comes down to:

*Rojas (or maybe Stefanic) and a reliever? or

*Two relievers?

I have a feeling Rojas' odds are very good with the Upton DFA. So probably he and a reliever. Herget probably has the edge, but someone like Moran or Barraclough could force the issue still. Just would mean another 40-man move.

Stefanic has certainly earned it, but I think he's the odd man out, and he'll get a chance soon enough. Going to SLC to keep working at defense won't hurt him.

Just now, totdprods said:

I have a feeling Rojas' odds are very good with the Upton DFA. So probably he and a reliever. Herget probably has the edge, but someone like Moran or Barraclough could force the issue still. Just would mean another 40-man move.

Stefanic has certainly earned it, but I think he's the odd man out, and he'll get a chance soon enough. Going to SLC to keep working at defense won't hurt him.

Agree on Stefanic.  I think given that he isn't on the 40-man roster currently, he'll just go to AAA and continue to work on his game.

Rojas would make sense on the roster, given he would essentially be the 5th OF.  

On 3/31/2022 at 6:57 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Adell, ward, and Marsh now?

I did not see Rojas and Mayfield pmaking the team but no one saw that they’d cut Upton in spring. Maybe after two-three months and if Marsh was Raking in AAA.

marsh takes Upton’s spot and maybe they still roll with 4 OF, but with 15 pitchers you’ve gotta think Rojas got the 28th man job. 

C Stassi, Suzuki

INF Rendon, Walsh, Fletcher, Mayfield, Wade, Duffy

OF Trout, Ward, Adell, Marsh, Rojas

SP Ohtani, Sandoval, Syndergaard, Suarez, Lorenzen, Detmers

RP Iglesias, Loup, Tepera, Mayers, Bradley, Warren, Barria, Ortega/ Herget, Quijada

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Yes, I think you are right.

It would be pretty wild if, by this time next year, Stefanic and Davis are slotted in as the everyday 2B-SS combo, with Fletcher as UT. I don't think Davis's defense is good enough, even if his hitting translates, but it is a fun thought.

25 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yes, I think you are right.

It would be pretty wild if, by this time next year, Stefanic and Davis are slotted in as the everyday 2B-SS combo, with Fletcher as UT. I don't think Davis's defense is good enough, even if his hitting translates, but it is a fun thought.

If Fletcher doesn’t hit this season, we’ll see a new DP combo soon.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:57 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Looks like Minasian took away Maddon's excuse for not playing Adell full time.