• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Time to pivot. This blows, but these things happen. 

The good news is the Angels outbid the Dodgers for Scherzer and have that money to spend, and while Ray was their top target and missed on him, Stroman has been pretty consistent in his career, while Ray had a career year in 2021. 

Also why isn't everyone talking about Carlos Rodon enough? His stuff and stats were on par with Robbie Ray in 2021 outside of innings pitched (since he missed some time). 

Shoulder health concerns

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Also why isn't everyone talking about Carlos Rodon enough? His stuff and stats were on par with Robbie Ray in 2021 outside of innings pitched (since he missed some time). 

I just posted earlier that it wouldn't shock me if one of the Angels targets is Rodon on a one-year, high-value "prove you're healthy" deal.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Time to pivot. This blows, but these things happen. 

The good news is the Angels outbid the Dodgers for Scherzer and have that money to spend, and while Ray was their top target and missed on him, Stroman has been pretty consistent in his career, while Ray had a career year in 2021. 

I don't think we are interested as much given his injury history. Having Syndergaard is enough risk. Between Kershaw, Rodon and Stroman, the safest bet is only Stroman. 

But given Arte hates multi-year deals for starters, and Stroman likely wants 5yr, it's very hard to see them getting him. 

Which leaves the trade market, but boy is that tough if that's how they get the top-rotation arm. Bye bye what farm we have. 

On one hand this lockout had made for an action packed free agency so far.  Couple that with us striking first with Syndergaard, and a GM at hat his been vocal about multiple targets, all the money off the books, and all the options available, how could you NOT be excited?

but the flip side is instead of the normal three months of paper it’s between our toes, we get brutalized with sledgehammers to the sack over and over every five minutes today. And not even to the NL or even other AL teams outside our division.  Nope, instead it’s our past two GMs that we blamed for never getting us pitching…

this has been a monumentally deflating and frustrating few hours, especially after going to bed fired up that Ray was actually obtainable and fit the narratives.

buttercupped again

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I just posted earlier that it wouldn't shock me if one of the Angels targets is Rodon on a one-year, high-value "prove you're healthy" deal.

Or sign him to 1-year deal with two team options with an innings pitched incentive type deal over a 3 years?

I mean he's good. He was hitting upper 90s with his fastball midseason and late.