• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

at 5/125 I am all over signing Ray or Stroman.

15/22/25/28/28/2M buyout. With a $5M signing Bonus. 

That's $20M paid out this year, but it helps our tax to structure it this way. Leaves room for a SS add and to add Iglesias.

Let me be clear, it helps our tax down the line, when they have to pay Syndergaard and Ohtani, as they pay him $28, but the tax says it's 24.6.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I never said it wasnt exciting.  It was.

I just don’t think this particular play is evidence of Cespedes being great when the actual throw was a 300 foot rainbow.

Who said Cespedes was great?

28 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

A deal was agreed to with the Dodgers a year ago for Joc Pederson and Stripling, Andy Pages and that fell through. 

Anything can happen in negotiations and new teams who have missed out on a top starter could enter into the mix and offer way more money than the Angels. 

These things are fluid and happen all the time. 

That said, I'm still pretty confident that it will happen....but you can never be 100% on these things. 

One thing is for certain (and another member here can vouch) that my post the other day was well before Ken Rosenthal's column which said we are Ray's top suitor.

That in itself should bring credence and validate my post. 

The Breakfast Club Reaction GIF

I’m glad they didn’t give Scherzer 40 million.  Even for two years.  I’d rather that they sign Stroman and Iglesias then figure something out at SS without trading Adell but I guess if they miss on both pitchers then other scenarios need to open up.  I just hope we don’t get the trademark desperation Arte move.  Which I’m sorry.  I can’t help but feel coming. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Yeah, 5/125 seems like an absolute no brainer for Ray. I don't understand why that wasn't done yesterday. And with the Angels making a "late push" for Scherzer (presumably throwing $30-35 million around), why aren't they immediately going for Ray? This reeks of Arte saying he WILL pay for Scherzer and NOT for Ray or Stroman. This would be absolute classic Arte, especially it being a Boras guy. He will only pay for guys he deems worthy, and sign off on low-cost or 1-year upside moves. I really hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Yeah, 5/125 seems like an absolute no brainer for Ray. I don't understand why that wasn't done yesterday. And with the Angels making a "late push" for Scherzer (presumably throwing $30-35 million around), why aren't they immediately going for Ray? This reeks of Arte saying he WILL pay for Scherzer and NOT for Ray or Stroman. This would be absolute classic Arte, especially it being a Boras guy. He will only pay for guys he deems worthy, and sign off on low-cost or 1-year upside moves. I really hope I'm wrong. 

Well, as others have mentioned, it takes two sides to make a deal.  Even if that is what the Angels are offering Ray (assuming an offer has even been made), a) others might have made better offers, and b) he might simply prefer playing elsewhere if the offers are roughly comparable.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Well, as others have mentioned, it takes two sides to make a deal.  Even if that is what the Angels are offering Ray (assuming an offer has even been made), a) others might have made better offers, and b) he might simply prefer playing elsewhere if the offers are roughly comparable.

Regarding a), Arte just needs to outbid ONCE for a rock solid pitcher.  ONCE!

Regarding b), if it’s due to lack of solid pitcher coaching, do something about it.

TEN years is long enough.

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Two Words:

C.J Wilson

That was ten years ago.

It’s not like he was a total flameout.

Can’t let it scare him forever.

Albertross and Hackilton didn’t scare him into not signing Upton and Rendon.

What is it about pitching that’s totally different to Arte from hitting?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Two Words:

C.J Wilson

I wonder if people ever bother to look up Wilson’s actual performance over the life of that contract.  Nobody ever thought he was going to be Cy Young.

People talk about this guy like he was absolutely terrible or was never healthy.

It really didn’t end up being a bad contract especially compared to plenty of other contracts that were legitimately bad.