• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

1 minute ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Interesting. I didn't think it would be a one-year deal if anyone signed him.  So presumably that means the deal would be for more than $18.4M, or else he should just take the qualifying offer (though maybe he just doesn't want to play for the Mets anymore).

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Interesting. I didn't think it would be a one-year deal if anyone signed him.  So presumably that means the deal would be for more than $18.4M, or else he should just take the qualifying offer (though maybe he just doesn't want to play for the Mets anymore).

I'm thinking 25 mill re establish himself with halos. 6 man rotation would be good for Noah

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

I'm thinking 25 mill re establish himself with halos. 6 man rotation would be good for Noah

I'm sorry, but paying him $25M for one year given his injury history, while also having to give up a 2nd round pick, would be questionable.  If there are team options or something like that, I can maybe see it. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm sorry, but paying him $25M for one year given his injury history, while also having to give up a 2nd round pick, would be questionable.  If there are team options or something like that, I can maybe see it. 

Halos in desperate mode, 2nd round pick not big deal Angels must win this year. Could end up losing Ohtani and Trout with 7th losing season. Mets gave him a QO were willing to spend on 1 year deal. If healthy could be huge. Also many top pitchers want to go to contender in a 5 man rotation. Alex Wood could be next for halos.

9 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, in fact, I’d say if it is not a multi year deal, it’s perhaps not such a good move (given the loss of the pick). 

If he looks healthy and is pitching well, don’t you think they will attempt to sign him to a longer deal?

The Angels need pitchers capable of dominating.  This is a good move.

14 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

21 million for a guy that can’t stay healthy and we’re losing a draft pick. What in the actual F*CK are they doing? Good god

The Angels picked up potentially the best arm for $21 million and you are throwing a fit? Seriously you wanted to be disappointed regardless of what they did. 

Noah is a bridge to all of the arms they have in the minors. He is miles ahead of the crap they have signed in the past on one year deals and he could just agree to an extension if he thinks he's on a contending team. And if not he walks and the Angels are clear of his $21 and Uptons $28 leaving them plenty to sign Ohtani to an extension. 

As for the draft pick, that could be nullified by Iglesias rejecting his QO. So quit hand wringing over a good deal for the Angels next year. They finally got a #1 arm. 

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

So if Thor is getting $21M I can't Imagine the Angels being done. Ohtani/Thor make a solid 2/3 pairing. 

Are they spending more this offseason? Or will a trade come next? 

To me, they still need that true Ace. 

I think they have one borderline ace in Ohtani, who would be considered an ace if he started every 5th day, but who would trade his offense for that?  Syndergaard has that potential, if healthy and can regain most of his pre-injury form.  Hopefully the Angels have done their homework on his rehab.  With Ohtani/Syndergaard as 1/2 and Sandoval and Suarez at the back end, a starter with #2 upside gives them a solid rotation to go along with a hopefully injury-free formidable offense.  Now solidify the bullpen, and the defense with a solid SS glove and they are looking much improved.

Just now, Blarg said:

The Angels picked up potentially the best arm for $21 million and you are throwing a fit? Seriously you wanted to be disappointed regardless of what they did. 

Noah is a bridge to all of the arms they have in the minors. He is miles ahead of the crap they have signed in the past on one year deals and he could just agree to an extension if he thinks he's on a contending team. And if not he walks and the Angels are clear of his $21 and Uptons $28 leaving them plenty to sign Ohtani to an extension. 

As for the draft pick, that could be nullified by Iglesias rejecting his QO. So quit hand wringing over a good deal for the Angels next year. They finally got a #1 arm. 

And when he pitches 25 innings this year? I guess everyone will just chalk it up to bad luck 

Just now, Junkballer said:

I think they have one borderline ace in Ohtani, who would be considered an ace if he started every 5th day, but who would trade his offense for that?  Syndergaard has that potential, if healthy and can regain most of his pre-injury form.  Hopefully the Angels have done their homework on his rehab.  With Ohtani/Syndergaard as 1/2 and Sandoval and Suarez at the back end, a #2 starter gives them a solid rotation to go along with a hopefully injury-free formidable offense.  Now solidify the bullpen, and the defense with a solid SS glove and they are looking much improved.

Good point. I guess since Ohtani does need his rest days it's hard for me to see him as a true Ace, but don't get me wrong, the dude blows batters away. Thor is a top pick of mine too, but I still want one more arm. Most playoff/contending teams ride with a top-3. If Stroman fills that slot by getting the multi-year deal then I can settle so long as we build one hell of a bullpen.