• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets players let their booing fans 'know how it feels' with strange thumbs down celebration

Chuck

I never boo the Angels... but I don't really care if others do.  I'd rather sit next to someone who boos the team rather than one that complains all game long about the team.  One is much more annoying than the other, IMO.

As for the Mets and their players... I don't give a rip.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I booed the team in my younger, immature days. 

I'm still immature but I'm getting kind of old.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I booed the team in my younger, immature days. 

I'm still immature but I'm getting kind of old.

Yes, you're obviously getting old and forgetful.

19 minutes ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

Lol am I the only Angels fan terrified Javier Baez is going to end up here with Maddon as the manager? Please let's lock up a shortstop long term so we don't have to think about moving Fletcher to SS to make room for that dick at 2nd base because Maddon feels nostalgic for another ex Cub.

I hope to God we don't sign this guy! 

Here's my take on Baez.

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

I never boo the Angels... but I don't really care if others do.  I'd rather sit next to someone who boos the team rather than one that complains all game long about the team.  One is much more annoying than the other, IMO.

As for the Mets and their players... I don't give a rip.

The one that boos and gets on some players and the managers decisions also wants the team to win and gives praise and cheers the team on as well. 

I like to call them passionate sports fans. 

Like you, I'd rather associate myself with these types of fans than a superfan or as you described, a negative nancy that just bitches and moans about everything.

New Owner but still the Same Old Mets!

Steve Cohen purchased the Team but retained the Wilpons Manager, Coaches, Medical & Training Staff, and Scouts and rehired their failed GM Sandy Alderson. He traded for Francisco Lindor and extended him for 10 more years for $ 341 MM which he demanded prior to the Season without assessing if he fit and knowing that there was a plethora of top SS FA's coming in the offseason.

The Team was 4 Games in 1st Place and have had a brutal August and now are 7.5 GB in Division and Wildcard so they are done.  They can't hit with RISP and are at the bottom of most offensive categories and their ace SP Degrom has been MIA.  The FO big acquisition in the offseason was Baez while the Braves improved.  They Fubared the Draft # 10 pick with Kumar Rocker who they didn't sign and didn't line up a high upside talent as a backup plan unlike the Angels who bypassed him at # 9.  The Fans and Media are dishing it out but the Players ( Lindor who has been a massive failure & Baez who has just arrived can't handle this.)  What a mess as usual.  LOL

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

The Mets are MLB's version of a reality TV show, full of train wrecks and eye rolling moments... not that Angels are perfect by any means.

Great analogy.  Oh and the Owner spends his time on Twitter trolling the Mets fans.  Until yesterday's postgame presser when Baez was questioned about the thumbs down gesture as to it's meaning which to his credit he honestly answered nobody knew what the secret thumbs down hand gestures meant. Now that the media have rolled back the tapes, this has been going on since August 6th but nobody noticed because they rarely hit.  LOL

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

That's odd, not too long ago people here were spewing their loads over Cohen buying the Mets. 

Some even said they were jealous. 

Steve Cohen has deep pockets unlike the Wilpons but the Mets appear to be a vanity purchase for him just a rich man's toy so he can feel cool.

Tonight is an off day and Steve Cohen will be attending a Charity event with his 2 malcontents Lindor and Baez.  That should go well.  I wonder what the media will be interested in.

56 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The one that boos and gets on some players and the managers decisions also wants the team to win and gives praise and cheers the team on as well. 

I like to call them passionate sports fans. 

Like you, I'd rather associate myself with these types of fans than a superfan or as you described, a negative nancy that just bitches and moans about everything.

Sorry but I completely disagree. Most of the guys that boo are disrespectful assholes.  

1 hour ago, asuangelsfan05 said:

Lol am I the only Angels fan terrified Javier Baez is going to end up here with Maddon as the manager? Please let's lock up a shortstop long term so we don't have to think about moving Fletcher to SS to make room for that dick at 2nd base because Maddon feels nostalgic for another ex Cub.

no.  you're not.  If we sign this guy I'm gonna be super pissed.