• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Padres @ Angels (8/27/21): Criswell makes his debut, Upton returns

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Ohtani leading off isn't working. I like Fletcher, Ohtani, Marsh, and screw the righty, lefty, righty thing. Ohtani needs protection behind him...

It's not like he's walking a lot. Batting leadoff means he gets the most at bats a game he can. If he had a much higher OBP, I could see your point but that's not the case.

I care more about Ohtani getting better pitches to hit than if we actually win. I want him to break Glaus' HR record. What do we have to lose?

That’s true. I’m not sure he will as he’s really cooled off

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

It's not like he's walking a lot. Batting leadoff means he gets the most at bats a game he can. If he had a much higher OBP, I could see your point but that's not the case.

He has 18 walks in his last 21 games and he has by far the highest OBP of any of the active Angels.

I care more about Ohtani getting better pitches to hit than if we actually win. I want him to break Glaus' HR record. What do we have to lose?

Not much.  I keep telling myself, like a mantra, it will be different when Trout and Rendon get healthy.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If he gets more ABs batting first than Fletcher batting second only means he made the last out of the game.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

He has 18 walks in his last 21 games and he has by far the highest OBP of any of the active Angels.

Ohtani should have way more walks than he does. He swings at bad pitches and has gone down looking plenty of times. Again, if he had 120 walks on the season, I could understand wanting to move him down. In the last 21 games, he should have at least 30 walks for it to be a problem. Also, getting on base more means more chances he can score.

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Ohtani should have way more walks than he does. He swings at bad pitches and has gone down looking plenty of times. Again, if he had 120 walks on the season, I could understand wanting to move him down. In the last 21 games, he should have at least 30 walks for it to be a problem. Also, getting on base more means more chances he can score.

Ohtani leads the team in runs scored an RBIs, seems like every time he hits there's no one on. I think he trying too hard to carry the team on his back without Trout and Rendon