• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels 2nd draft pick signs for $91K under slot (in other words, will Trout leave as a FA?)

Dreams

"The Angels have signed third-round pick Kenyan Middleton for a bonus of $450K,tweets Callis. Middleton is a two-sport athlete out of junior college in Oregon who touches 95 mph with his fastball and features a tight slider as well. He signed $91K under slot."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/draft-signings-johnny-field.html

In other draft news:

The Angels signed sixth-rounder Harrison Cooney for a little under $223K, according to BA's Jim Callis (on Twitter).  The Florida Gulf Coast right-hander's salary is exactly in line with the slot recommendation for the No. 187 pick.

With how incredibly tight Trout is with his family, he will go the Teixeira route. I don't see him taking more money to stay out here, when a pot of east coast gold awaits him in Philly, NY, Boston, or Baltimore. His dad is probably already drilling into him the need to go back east when the time comes. Hundreds of family and friends coming to east coast games only cements the loyalty his has to that region, and the loyalty his followers have for him to come home eventually. I see no need to rush an offer, or even worry about his long term desires. He will be gone. Enjoy the production while we have it, and win a ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2014, just offer Trout 6 years/$120 million (starting at $15 million, and increasing by $2 million each season).

That gives him excellent money, and also the chance to explore FA when he's 29.    

Halos then get to keep him through at least the 2020 season.   Hopefully by say 2016/2017, we can finally be a true perennial contender again and take advantage of having him here.

I heard the same talk about Jered Weaver.

Nothing is set in stone and we certainly don't know how Mike Trout feels so this is all pointless until he either stays or go's. Did we forget that his father was close to the scout that championed Trout to the Angels and also had Mike sign for slot pretty damn fast (since Mike wanted to play so badly too)?

We really seem to be making a mountain out of a mole hill. Southern California is a great place to play and live and there is no readily available reason that Trout, like Weaver, wouldn't want to play here if we gave him the right contract that respected his abilities.

I've said it before and I will say it again, give him a record breaking, very long-term contract and make him an Angel for life. Mike may have idolized Jeter growing up but there is no way that Mike will ever play with Derek considering their current ages and contracts so the Yankees angle doesn't fly to well either in my opinion.

Yes Mike is from the East coast but there are a lot of people who move out to California and never look back.

I know anything is possible, and leave it to Trout to break the mold. 

But isn't it true that no player has ever signed a budget busting type contract after their 3rd season in MLB?

They are at best the ones like Longoria got after his 3rd season.

Ryan Howard got 3 years 54 mil after his 3rd season, then re-upped two years in for another 5.

I know anything is possible, and leave it to Trout to break the mold.

But isn't it true that no player has ever signed a budget busting type contract after their 3rd season in MLB?

They are at best the ones like Longoria got after his 3rd season.

Budget busting?

CarGo signed a long term deal well before reaching free agency.

There will be nothing the Angels can say or do if Trout has his mind set on going back East, and something tells me he made up his mind long ago before any of the so-called 'slights' from the Angels front office.  With his early success establishing himself as a baseball superstar, it'll be all the much easier for him to do.