• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Billy Eppler appreciation thread

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes

So EVERY GM a team has ever had can be linked to helping them win a World Series unless an expansion team wins with the only GM it's ever had. Therefore, if the Angels ever win a World Series again, the hated Dipoto, Reagins or whomever GM people here hate would be forever linked to helping to win a World Series. Why would you hate a GM that won your team World Series?

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

What about the players he left Stoneman? They helped win the World Series.

I already mentioned he had a great scouting director.  Bob Fontaine Jr. was the architect of the talent, he should have been the GM, but he didn't want the job.  There wasn't a person who worked for Bavasi Jr who didn't love the guy, he just wasn't a good GM.

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So EVERY GM a team has ever had can be linked to helping them win a World Series unless an expansion team wins with the only GM it's ever had. Therefore, if the Angels ever win a World Series again, the hated Dipoto, Reagins or whomever GM people here hate would be forever linked to helping to win a World Series. Why would you hate a GM that won your team World Series?

Who hated Bavasi?  

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I don’t hate a GM that won my team a World Series.  

I'm speaking in generalities. Many here defend every GM this team has until they aren't the GM anymore. Many here couldn't stand Reagins and praised Dipoto until he quit and then many turned on him. Many here still praise Eppler even though he was fired and never had a winning record and Eppler is also hated. My point is that if the Angels ever win a World Series again, you would have hated a GM that helped your team win a World Series. Many Angels fans over the years I've talked to bring up how bad the Mo Vaughn signing was. I remind them that he was traded for a pitcher that helped the Angels win a World Series. Some realize that's true and realize that it wasn't a bad signing after all. Others tell me that was simply Stoneman fixing Bavasi's mistake. I then again point out that without Mo Vaughn, the Angels likely don't trade for Appier and don't win the world series. Some still don't understand the connection.

20 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm speaking in generalities. Many here defend every GM this team has until they aren't the GM anymore. Many here couldn't stand Reagins and praised Dipoto until he quit and then many turned on him. Many here still praise Eppler even though he was fired and never had a winning record and Eppler is also hated. My point is that if the Angels ever win a World Series again, you would have hated a GM that helped your team win a World Series. Many Angels fans over the years I've talked to bring up how bad the Mo Vaughn signing was. I remind them that he was traded for a pitcher that helped the Angels win a World Series. Some realize that's true and realize that it wasn't a bad signing after all. Others tell me that was simply Stoneman fixing Bavasi's mistake. I then again point out that without Mo Vaughn, the Angels likely don't trade for Appier and don't win the world series. Some still don't understand the connection.

If the Angels win a World Series in the next couple of years then I will not be the guy that hates the GM that helped that is no longer here.  Eppler is hated by guys like you, that only care about the teams record during his tenure.  

On 7/25/2021 at 6:47 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Eppler’s philosophy was simple…

There are only few pitchers every year who are worth the risk of a big money multi year deal. You try to get those, and if you can’t, you don’t dip into the more dangerous middle tier, so you skip to the low-risk one-year guys. If they work, great. If they don’t, you get the money back to try again the next year. 

Can I get college credits for hanging out here