• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels, first-rounder Sam Bachman agree at $3,847,500

8 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

It actually *is* interesting - one thing I love about living here is history is *everywhere* - often literally under your feet - the old ruins of mills and machine shops are particularly interesting to me.  

That episode(s) is a chapter in a book proposal she has,  hoping for an endowment to complete it ...

DC is such a cool city.

I assume most living there are "over it", in that theyve seen it all more than enough. But Im jealous. Id love to be able to go see the sites whenever I want to.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

DC is such a cool city.

I assume most living there are "over it", in that theyve seen it all more than enough. But Im jealous. Id love to be able to go see the sites whenever I want to.

The museums and such are great, of course - in a normal year, though, you kind of wait until Fall, when the little school bastards are back in school and the tourists have gone home.   DC has greatly changed in the last 10 or 15 years, massively gentrified, with a lot of young people who really don't give shit about history, they just want a hot yoga place, craft kombucha and a Whole Foods.  

But it's kind of astonishing how people literally don't see what's right in front of them, or they just walk right by and never notice (I used to lead hikes pre-Covid, and it became a bit of a cliche - all these city people would do these hikes, and never see a damn thing - never actually seeing the bear they walked by, or the bald eagle nest or the remains of a Civil War entrenchment.)

When everything was closed 'cause Covid, we just kind of wandered the countryside, finding these cool little 300-year-old little towns that started because they were near a native american trail, which became a farm trail, then a tollroad. then a railroad, then a highway

3 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

DC has greatly changed in the last 10 or 15 years, massively gentrified, with a lot of young people who really don't give shit about history, they just want a hot yoga place, craft kombucha and a Whole Foods.  

I was there with a school group two years ago. We ate dinner one night in Virginia in a place similar to Whole Foods - lots of higher end grocery food to purchase as well as several hot meal spots inside to grab a meal. I liked it but don’t remember the name. Our guide told us it was a chain in that area. Sound familiar to you?

6 hours ago, Tank said:

I was there with a school group two years ago. We ate dinner one night in Virginia in a place similar to Whole Foods - lots of higher end grocery food to purchase as well as several hot meal spots inside to grab a meal. I liked it but don’t remember the name. Our guide told us it was a chain in that area. Sound familiar to you?

Maybe a Wegmans?

45 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

Maybe a Wegmans?

Probably - doesn't have the whole crunchy-organic-granola vibe, but it's kind of a food playground.

Seems a safe choice but the guides should take groups to more interesting places, too.  Union Market or Eden Center, that kind of thing.  

12 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

DC has greatly changed in the last 10 or 15 years, massively gentrified, with a lot of young people who really don't give shit about history, they just want a hot yoga place, craft kombucha and a Whole Foods.  

You can say this about every place that is being gentrified.