• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels (7/17/21): Cobb on the mound, Ward back in RF

56 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Theme of the day: Perry is earning a failing grade. Discuss (particularly if the bullpen lays a rotten egg.)

In fairness there is a lot I bitch about with Maddon.  However would any of us believe we would be 500 with Trout, Upton,  Rendon missing most of the season and the pitching staff sucking as bad as it has?

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

You know you've effed up as the GM when....

- Phil Gosselin is your cleanup hitter and starting in LF.

- Jack Mayfield is your starting 3B and you've effectively nutured your AL team into an NL team.

- Juan Lagares has started the most games in CF. 

- You're depending on Dylan Bundy and Jose Quintana in crucial late game moments. 

Perry Minasian has completely failed in his first year as GM. The only bright spots on this team are more the results of Eppler's team building rather than Minasian's. 

Don't get me wrong, it was time for a new GM. But Perry Minasian so far appears to be no better than his predecessors. And that's a low bar for the most part. 

That's  "GOLD GLOVE WINNING" Juan Lagares has started the most games in CF. 

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

Theme of the day: Perry is earning a failing grade. Discuss (particularly if the bullpen lays a rotten egg.)

For you GMs here on this site - can you REALLY blame Perry? Financially - the organization's hands have been tied because of the fooking Star - Crossed owner - who over paid for free agents who have busted. In fact - since Vlad - Arte has failed to sign significant players & has overreacted to personal moves.

Vernon Wells panic trade b/c Carl Crawford signed elsewhere to vetoing that Joc trade with Dodgers. 

THE ANGELS LACK OF SUCCESS FALLS SQUARELY ON ARTE MORENO'S SHOULDERS.....and the DiPo Roberto Baldoquin signing. What an idiot. 

9 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Rendon will be back for a week or so then get hurt again.

Well, that will suck but thanks for letting me know. Can you share the reality of Trout and Upton’s near future also. I’m planning on going to a few games in August with my boys. Which games should I choose so I can see all three with Ohtani? 

Just now, Angels Fan Forever said:

Well, that will suck but thanks for letting me know. Can you share the reality of Trout and Upton’s near future also. I’m planning on going to a few games in August with my boys. Which games should I choose so I can see all three with Ohtani? 

Ohtani plays every day

OT...but watching the Padres/Nats game and people/players were running out of stadium/off field.  Announcers are remote so they don't know what is going on.  Some sort of incident outside stadium, people hearing gunshots, according to announcers.

update: just asked people to leave stadium

4 minutes ago, 70runner said:

OT...but watching the Padres/Nats game and people/players were running out of stadium/off field.  Announcers are remote so they don't know what is going on.  Some sort of incident outside stadium, people hearing gunshots.

update: just asked people to leave stadium

Dangerous lightning storms in DC.

1 hour ago, JoJo26 said:

For you GMs here on this site - can you REALLY blame Perry? Financially - the organization's hands have been tied because of the fooking Star - Crossed owner - who over paid for free agents who have busted. In fact - since Vlad - Arte has failed to sign significant players & has overreacted to personal moves.

Vernon Wells panic trade b/c Carl Crawford signed elsewhere to vetoing that Joc trade with Dodgers. 

THE ANGELS LACK OF SUCCESS FALLS SQUARELY ON ARTE MORENO'S SHOULDERS.....and the DiPo Roberto Baldoquin signing. What an idiot. 

I am not calling for his head.   But his FA pitchers have been a bust.  Other than Iglesias the bullpen has been a bust.  I have bitched enough how Barris should be in the rotation than the trash he sent out there.

I do not blame him for the injuries which obviously effects our defense.  

It is ironic this is the first year injuries havent destroyed our pitching and now its destroying our offense.

I agree with you that the Dipshito has more to blame.  Are takes the blame for the Joc Peterson trade falling through.

I don't subscribe to the narrative that Arte was behind the Vernon Wells trade.