• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rays (6/27/2021): Fletcher leading off, Gosselin in LF

10 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Overall. On a national level. Idk if trout even received this much pub in his prime. Maybe the angels marketing team as gotten better? But trout’s face wasn’t around much on a national level like ohtani’s is. 

He's also very popular with the Japanese community so he'll get way more attention nationally because of that. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not sure if this is racist or you're referring to his abilities as a two way player. 

Both, actually--though I wouldn't call it being racist (at least I'm not).  My point is simply that sometimes something/someone that is different or unique in some way gets more attention than someone/something that is more similar to what we're used to.

Edited by jsnpritchett

3 hours ago, Tank said:

way to go, goose!

btw, why aren't the announcers traveling with the team yet? @Jeff Fletcher

At this point I think it’s partly about some of the ballparks not being equipped to handle the extra crews since they rearranged the facilities and partly about saving money. I don’t think it has anything to do with covid anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

At this point I think it’s partly about some of the ballparks not being equipped to handle the extra crews since they rearranged the facilities and partly about saving money. I don’t think it has anything to do with covid anymore. 

Jeff, Matt Manning for Jo Adell who says no

While they have been playing very well I don’t think in the end Tampa bay will even be a playoff team.  I think that the Yankees and maybe even the blue jays with their offense will reel them in.  They could finish 4th in the east.  Even if only one of those two teams catches them they have to contend with the west teams Oakland and Houston for a wild card.  Today showed that their overachieving bullpen can be tenuous and they don’t really have the offense to bang with the other teams in the east. 

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

So you want halos best trade chip to look bad? There is no OH in team. Ohtani did reach for the cycle.

4 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

It's not a secret if you tell everyone

are you okay? do you need help?

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

thanks, fletch. how many people are in a broadcast crew? i think many of us would assume they only need room for the play by play guy, the color guy, and some sort of producer/director.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

thanks, fletch. how many people are in a broadcast crew? i think many of us would assume they only need room for the play by play guy, the color guy, and some sort of producer/director.

That’s all there are. But some of the booths have been taken over by other things. In Anaheim, for example, some of the scoreboard and entertainment people moved into other booths in the press box because of social distancing. 

12 hours ago, thebloob said:

While they have been playing very well I don’t think in the end Tampa bay will even be a playoff team.  I think that the Yankees and maybe even the blue jays with their offense will reel them in.  They could finish 4th in the east.  Even if only one of those two teams catches them they have to contend with the west teams Oakland and Houston for a wild card.  Today showed that their overachieving bullpen can be tenuous and they don’t really have the offense to bang with the other teams in the east. 

Especially being without Glasnow

On 6/27/2021 at 9:35 AM, Inside Pitch said:

Enjoy!  At least you're having fun.   The Padres did a great job of positioning themselves to make such deals.

All it took was 2 MLB starting pitchers, 14 prospects, one of which was a former top 25, the other a current top 20... that and 9 straight sub .500 seasons including five 90+ loss seasons (4 in a row 2016-2019).

The Angels had the player and prospect capital to make those deals without much trouble.  No Question.  

Well that's kinda my point.  Winning 72 to 84 games is a lot worse, in terms of rebuilding,  than winning 60+. We're stuck in mediocrity.  Not bad enough to get top draft picks and trade MLB players for prospects (Bundy last year) and not good enough to make the playoffs and justify trading prospects to win now.  I'm confused by what we're trying to do other than build an offense and throw darts at 1 year SP and hope they're good while dumpster diving for a pen.