• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rays (6/27/2021): Fletcher leading off, Gosselin in LF

I'm pretty unexcited about this team. I'm tired of ending up near average. At least if we suck we get some good draft picks and can trade for prospects. Since 2015 we've not been terrible as some would say, but absolutely mediocre. For short spurts terrible is better than mediocre in terms of the future. 

I find myself looking at next season FA pitchers and convincing myself who we can sign to compliment Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani and the pitchers are there just like they have been there. Yet we continue to sign 1 year bums. 

I've been an Angel fan since the late 80's and I'm not leaving, but I'm having more fun watching Padres, who added 3 capable SP without much trouble. 

19 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm pretty unexcited about this team. I'm tired of ending up near average. At least if we suck we get some good draft picks and can trade for prospects. Since 2015 we've not been terrible as some would say, but absolutely mediocre. For short spurts terrible is better than mediocre in terms of the future. 

I find myself looking at next season FA pitchers and convincing myself who we can sign to compliment Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani and the pitchers are there just like they have been there. Yet we continue to sign 1 year bums. 

I've been an Angel fan since the late 80's and I'm not leaving, but I'm having more fun watching Padres, who added 3 capable SP without much trouble. 

It's time for a semi rebuild. Ohtani, Fletcher, Walsh plus young pitchers. Sandoval, Detmers, Canning, Chris Rod, Suarez, Barria build around these players. Rendon would not be able to move his contract, Five more years at 38 mill, Upton 28 mill 1 more year and Trout 35 mill for 9 more years. I just hope they do not sign some pitcher for 100 to 200 mill this off season. Those big contracts usually do not work out. Built from within or smart trades. Hopefully can get something decent at trade deadline. I know I'm in minority in trading Trout but in long run better for him and Angels. Maybe last year or so to get something back for him.  Six years of losing and bad decisions have led me up to my position. 

21 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm having more fun watching Padres, who added 3 capable SP without much trouble. 

Enjoy!  At least you're having fun.   The Padres did a great job of positioning themselves to make such deals.

All it took was 2 MLB starting pitchers, 14 prospects, one of which was a former top 25, the other a current top 20... that and 9 straight sub .500 seasons including five 90+ loss seasons (4 in a row 2016-2019).

The Angels had the player and prospect capital to make those deals without much trouble.  No Question.  

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The angels will win this game 7-2.  They will take 2 of 3 vs. Yankees lose 2 of 3 vs the Orioles and get swept in Boston.  I have foreseen it. 

They play four against the Yankees. (Though perhaps your premonition did not include that game?)